1.0; "My hero."

R I L E Y

I stood at Maya's locker, gazing off. Maya snapped her fingers in front of my eyes. "What?" I said, snapping out my daze. "You're still thinking about the kiss with Charlie?" Maya questioned. I blushed. "It was my first kiss.." I said sheepishly. Maya rolled her eyes with a smile. "Well, I can tell you I don't care about boys. Boy are stupi—" Suddenly Maya shut her locker, setting her elbow on it and posing. I turned my head to see what she was looking at. Josh and Charlie were walking over to us. I laughed at Maya. So much for boys being stupid.

"Hey Riley." Josh said. "Hi." I replied. "Hey, Maya." Josh said, in a deeper tone. Maya twirled a piece of hair around her finger. "Hello." She smiled. I turned my head towards Charlie.

"Hi." I smiled brightly. "Hey." Charlie grinned. "I wanted to thank you again for last night, I had a great time." I gushed. Charlie ruffled his hand through his brown, slightly wavy hair. "I had a great time also. Maybe we can do it again sometime?" He said. I felt a smile creep up onto my lips as I glanced over to Maya. She winked at me. I looked back to Charlie.

"Well I can't wait till we do it again." I smiled, adjusting the bag on my shoulder. "How about next Saturday?" He asked, with a hopeful smile. "Sounds good to me. Where do you want to go?" I responded. "Movies?" He asked. "Perfect." I smiled.

"Okay. Well I'll see you later." He smiled. "Bye Josh." I heard Maya say. "Bye, Maya." He winked at her, waving me off goodbye before they walked away. Me and Maya both turned towards each other, giggling as we jumped up and down.

"Josh is in love with me, I just know it." Maya said quite bluntly. I laughed as walked to class. "Sure, whatever you say peaches." I replied as we walked into organic chemistry. I felt myself accidentally bump into someone. "Oh I'm sorry." I said quietly, before I saw who it was. Conner.

"Watch where you're going, bitch." He spat. I felt Maya grab my arm. "Riley ignore him." Maya whispered to me. I nodded my head, before looking back to Conner. He had an evil smirk, as he sat on top of his desk, with his other friends who were looking at me as if I was meat. Not surprising, they're all dogs.

"A bitch is a dog, a dog goes outside outside is nature nature is trees and trees are beautiful so, thank you for calling me beautiful, Conner." I smiled. I just now realized how random that was. He furrowed his eyebrows at me, before I grabbed Maya's arm and I quickly walked back to my seat.

"That didn't come out how I expected it too." I laughed quietly.

"Honey nugget, you tried. I know how hard that was for you." Maya patted my head as I laughed. Conner just glared at me from across the room.

Suddenly Ms. Leslie walked in and everyone sat down and was quiet, except for a few kids in the back. I glanced over to my right, and saw Missy scowling at me. What did I ever do to her?

>>>>>

I walked into the cafeteria with Maya, as we glanced around for Farkle. As I was looking around, my eyes caught with Lucas's. He looked away. I sighed. I felt Maya poke me.

"Found Farkle. I'm not that hungry so I'm going to go over and sit with him, okay?" Maya said. "Okay." I smiled, before Maya walked over to the table. I turned around, starting to head towards the lunch line. I was about to pass by Missy's table, before I heard her yell my name.

"Hey look, there's the trash can!" Missy spat, pointing towards me, before she grabbed a handful of food, throwing it towards me. I squinted my eyes, before I suddenly felt myself get pushed up against a wall. I expected to feel mashed potatoes fly allover me, by I was completely dry.