3.8; "Love changes us."

L U C A S

Everything was quiet for a moment, which was unusual.

I was sitting down at my window, staring out at the sun rising. I didn't get hardly any sleep, I couldn't, with the thought of him, his hands on her, what he did. I felt like I could only blame myself, the pain in her eyes, I couldn't tell her or hold in that moment and tell her that everything would have been alright. Because I wasn't there.

I suddenly heard the sweet sound of her breathing, and I turned my head to look over to my bed that was occupied by her.

She looked so beautiful when she was asleep, I thought.

I could only stare, I mean, she's my everything.

She's my light. And without that light, there's a whole lot of darkness.

Suddenly, I heard a light mumble.

"I..." Riley spoke, as she began to roll around. She must be dreaming. I lightly chuckled, as I smiled at her. She was cute.

"L-Love...." She suddenly said, and I immediately stopped breathing. W-What did she just say? I quickly stood up, as I gently sat on the bed next to her, trying to not wake her. No, Lucas... She's just dreaming, right?

"L-Lu.."

She suddenly stuttered, and my heart began to race. Was this actually happening? Her breathing suddenly increased, and she began to pace her breath. Oh no, what was wrong?

"L-L." She stuttered again shakily, as she shook her head. "Riley." I spoke, lightly holding onto her. She was rapidly breathing, so I shook her gently.

"Riley!" I spoke, and suddenly her eyes flew open. "Lucas." She breathed, immediately sitting up, pacing. I reluctantly took her hand.

I sat there, not even realizing that my other hand was on her leg. She stared at me with doe wide eyes, before she calmed herself down. She threw her hand over her forehead, before she let out a sigh of relief.

Did she just say what I think she said? No, it was a dream Lucas, she was asleep, it can't possibly be true..

"Where am I?" Riley hesitantly asked, as she looked around cautiously. I tilted my head, as I glanced at her.

"Last night... I took you here after, everything happened, I slept on the floor and I let you sleep in my bed." I replied softly, trying to make it sound as least uncomfortable as possible. My heart ached at the thought of last night.

Suddenly, the whole expression on her face changed. It was as if she was almost surprised. I felt a tight squeeze on my hand, so I looked down. She was holding on tighter. I looked up, and she gave me an innocent smile.

"You saved me, thank you.." She says softly. I pursed my lips, before nodding. "When you called me, I knew something was wrong. I left the second after." I responded. She bit the side of her lip, before nodding also.

"If only I didn't stay here to sort out my job then I-" Suddenly, I felt a warm hand hold onto the side of my face, a thumb lightly grazing over my jawline. My heart began to pitter-patter, before I felt my it stop beating as I looked into her eyes, it felt so electric.

"Yeah but if it wasn't for you.. I don't know what would have happened." She whispered, before lightly smiling. I felt my stomach flip, every inch of my body was screaming from the inside.

Kiss her,

Kiss her,

Kiss her!