4.0; "Broken."

R I L E Y

I walked into school, alone, as I pressed the cold phone to my ear, making my skin tingle.

I continued to walk, and I saw some people give me odd looks. I glanced over at Missy, and she gave one hell of a deadly glare. I stuck my tongue out at her, as the ringing sound echoed throughout my brain.

She didn't retaliate, she just continued to glare. I tore my gaze away, as I shook my head.

Hey, this is Lucas Friar, leave a message at the beep.

"Dammit." I cursed underneath my breath, as I pulled the phone away from my ear, before I reached my locker.

"What?" Someone spoke, and my head immediately lifted up from the ground. Zay and Maya were standing at my locker.

"Lucas has been ignoring my calls and texts all day. I want to make sure he is alright and is doing well." I said, before I let out a heavy sigh. Zay furrowed his eyebrows together.

"I didn't see him this morning, but I saw him last night for like a minute. He's been staying in his room for most of the time." He said. I suddenly felt even more worried, as my face frowned. I haven't seen him since he walked out the door the other night, and I've been constantly worrying, but he's been constantly ignoring me.

"Riles, don't worry about it. Maybe he's just re-cooping." Maya spoke, as she rubbed my arm. I nodded my head lightly. "You're probably right." I whispered quietly, as I looked down to the ground.

"Well when I do see him next i'm going to kill him, he ate the last damn pudding cup." Zay murmured, as he crossed his arms over his chest. I lightly chuckled, as Maya gave him a weird look. "You're such an idiot." She blabbed. Zay let out a light gasp, as he covered his chest with his hands. "No need to be so sour, buttercup." Zay smirked, before he slung his arm around Maya.

Maya instantly scoffed, as I giggled.

"Number one, I have a boyfriend. And number two, don't call me that." She responded in an annoyed tone, before she slapped his arm off of her. Zay wiggled his eyebrows together. "Don't so salty, sweet cheeks." He smirked, which made Maya roll her blue eyes. "I;m going to kill you." She replied strongly.

I laughed at them lightly. If Maya wasn't dating Josh, I'd totally ship it.

I saw a small smile creep up against her lips, before she turned her head towards me. "I know, that It's something you don't really want to talk about.. But have you reported Conner?"

I felt my insides grow cold, shaky. "I already did, the day after.." I said quietly, as I fiddled with the many rings stacked against my fingers.

"And they haven't done anything yet?" Maya's voice grew louder. I shook my head. "Well he isn't here, is he?" I responded. Maya pursed her lips, before she looked over to Zay.

I looked down to my phone, as I checked the time. I needed to get to my first period class.

"I gotta go.. I'll talk to you guys later." I spoke, and they both nodded at me, giving me light smiles to try and sooth my nerves and worries.

But it didn't help at all.

All I could do was worry about Lucas.

Where is he?

.........

It was already sixth period, and I haven't seen Lucas all day.

I walked into class, and saw Maya standing by the door. I looked over to her, before we walked to our seats together. She sat beside me, as always, but as I looked behind me, where Lucas was supposed to be, he wasn't.