3.0; "I need you."

Silence.

Neither of them spoke,

Neither of them talked,

It was just silent,

as they stared at each other speechlessly,

they each had no words.

It was completely painful,

all off the heartache and memories

came flushing back to both of them.

they didn't know that to say.

Lucas was completely shocked, Riley had changed so much. She looked much older, her hair was short and she just seemed, different, beautiful.

Riley just stood there, not moving, not breathing. It felt like a million knives were being thrown into her heart, as she stared at him. He looked slightly different. He was taller, and looked a bit more buff. He had some new scars, and he looked more mature, yet he still looked like an angel.

Lucas stared into Riley's eyes, the ones he thought about gazing into every single day. She was finally there, in front of him. It was no longer a dream. This was reality, and Riley had to face it.

"Riley.." Lucas spoke so softly. She hasn't heard his voice in so long, it seemed almost foreign.

A lonely tear slipped down from Riley's eye, before she let go of the door handle. Lucas was so eager to hear her voice, but once he saw her crying he walked towards her, but she immediately backed away, shaking her head.

"Don't touch me." She whispered, barely able to speak because of her tears. The look on Lucas's face after she had said that, was so painful.

"Riley, I am s-so sorry." Lucas said, as he felt the tears build up. Riley shook her head again. "Where were you?" Riley cried. Lucas could feel the tears build up in his eyes, he did this to her.

"I-I'm so sorry, I-I had to leav-" "Do you know how many times I called you!? How much I worried about you?!" Riley suddenly yelled. Lucas just stood there, there was nothing that he could say that would help the situation.

"I called, every single day for four months. Four fucking months! I was breaking for four fucking months! And you didn't care! How could you possibly have the nerve to come here?!" Riley shouted loudly, as the tears rushed down her face.

Everything was going so well, she was happy.

She was happy with the way things were going,

And then he show's up.

He show's up just to break her heart allover again.

"I came to see you." Lucas whispered, as a tear fell from his eye. Riley was enraged, she was hurt. She didn't know how to handle this, it was too painful to even look at him.

"How could you do this to me?" Riley choked out. Lucas began to lightly cry. "I never wanted to hurt you, I never meant to hurt Farkle, or Zay, or you! I had to leave!" Lucas shouted.

Riley shook her head, moving farther away from Lucas. "You gave up. You gave up on me. I had hope for so long, but I guess I was wrong." Riley spoke, trying to calm herself.

"I had to come back for you, I just need you to listen to me and trust me, please! I need you, Riley. I need you to hear me out." Lucas pleaded, as he tried to softly take Riley's hand in his. "Don't! Touch me!" Riley cried, pulling her hand immediately away. Lucas's heart began to break even more, he lost her.

"Lucas why should I trust you if you won't trust me?! Why didn't you trust me for 7 months?! Why did you leave for 7 months!? Fine tell me, then I'll trust you. Couldn't you see that I was breaking every single day?! Tell me why you left for so fucking long and left me without any explanation as to why, tell me, now." Riley said, as she stared at Lucas. His eye's looked much darker, she saw no ounce of light. She knew that he has changed, that he wasn't who he was 7 months before.

He was darker,

And it scared her.

Lucas stared down into Riley's eyes, he couldn't seem to find the words to say. It was hurting him too much to see her cry, as a tear trickled down her freckled cheek.

Riley shook her head, backing away from him again. "Get out of my house." She whispered, pointing towards the door.

Lucas felt the tears flow down his cheeks once more, "Please Riley, I am sorry." He wallowed. "Get the hell out of my house, now!" Riley shouted for the last time. The anger enraged in Lucas as he looked at Riley, he couldn't tell her.

he could probably never tell her,

Lucas stood outside of her front door. "Riles." He whispered once more. Riley didn't say anything at all, she just slammed the door immediately in his face.

Riley instantly felt her chest cave in, as she turned around and scooted her back against the door and to the floor.

She huddled her knees up to her chest, as she began to cry uncontrollably. It was like no other pain she's ever felt before, it was even stronger than when Lucas was gone. It hurt so damn bad.

"Please make it stop. Please.." Riley cried, as she held her stomach in pain and tears.

Lucas knew that he had lost Riley, she no longer had hope or faith in him. Or so they thought,

But he couldn't give on her,

He would never give up on Riley,

He loves her afterall, always has,

always will.

And he will

always,

chose her.