4.7; "First date."

L U C A S                                                                                      

I stood in front of the mirror in my room, as I adjusted the blazer dangling on my shoulders. I bit the edge of my lip, as the nerves flowed throughout my whole body like a wild fire. I glanced up to myself, taking note to my outfit, before I let out a desperate sigh.

A memory came flooding back to my mind.

"Why do I have to wear this?" My six year old self grunted, as I fiddled with the tie around my neck. I had heard a light chuckle from behind me, so I turned around to face my mother.

She was smiling at me, before she set down the box she had in her hands on the bed, as she began to walk over towards me.

I let out a sigh, before my mom bent down in front of me, as she began to adjust my little tie. "Because, your father's banquet is very important, plus you look very handsome." My mom smiled, as she helped me put on the tiny blazer. I let out another whine. 

My mom took my shoulders, and spun me around lightly so I could look at myself in the mirror. She was bent down on her knees, to reach my height, even though she was still taller than my six year old self on her knees. She set her chin onto my tiny shoulder, as she smiled brightly.

"One day, you're going to get dressed up like this for your first date." Mom grinned, as she began to fix my hair, which was very blonde and wavy.

I suddenly stuck out my tongue, making an 'ew' sound. "Girls have cooties."  I said in a gross tone, and she began to laugh lightly. I covered my face, before my mom took my hands off of my face, and i turned around to face her reluctantly. 

She set her hand on my cheek, as her lips curved upwards. She had long blonde hair, with bright green eyes. My eyes were identical to hers.

"You may think that girls have cooties right now, but someday, you're going to meet a girl who will change that for you." My mother, Elizabeth spoke, as she looked into my eyes. I tugged down on my lip. "But ew, they're so gross, I hate girls." I replied bleakly. She quickly shook her head, as she caressed my cheek.

"Hate is a strong word, Lucas." She whispered, and I nodded my head. "You're so young right now, but one day you will be older. One day you're going to meet a girl, and you're going to fall madly in love. She'll be very special, I know. Because you will have found her, and if you love her, than she is something incredible. So yes, someday, you'll be standing here, much older, and I'll still have to help you with your tie for your first date." My mom giggled, and I smiled lightly.

"I can't wait to meet her when you do." She whispered, before she set a light kiss to my forehead.

My eyes  fluttered open, as I dazed back in reality. I looked around at my surroundings, before I gazed back into the mirror, staring at myself. I fumbled with the tie in my hands.

My expression was blank, as many emotions ran through my mind. She should be here, helping me with my tie, she should be here to meet Riley.

She should just be here.

I lightly smiled to myself in the mirror, as the memory of my mom raced through my brain. I began to put the tie on, not as well as she would have done, but  good enough. I looked back up to myself, as I could just imagine my mom standing right beside me. I let out a sigh, before i walked over to my bed. I pulled out a box from underneath the bed, the one that my mom was digging through in that memory.

I searched through the box, before I found the two things I needed.

I took my mom's necklace and placed it into my pocket, along with something else. I closed the box and hid it underneath my bed again, before I stood up and glanced down to the watch on my wrist.