4.1; "You and me forever."

R I L E Y

My hair lightly flowed down my side, as I sat on my bed, my fingers grasped around a pencil as I wrote in my journal silently.

So many thing swirled around in my mind, so many feelings and emotions, I couldn't explain the overwhelming yet satisfying feeling. The night before, was... indescribable. I've never felt so close to Lucas before, everything finally made sense for once. He told me everything. I could't believe,

How he was completely raw, vulernable. He didn't hold anything back. All I wanted to do was fix him, was to put all his broken pieces back together. I held him as close as possible, hoping that maybe they would all fall back into place. He didn't deserve anything that he has been through, It wasn't fair.

But it all made sense now.

My hands traced down the paper, as I bit the side of my lip lightly. I wrote everything down, it felt like a breath of fresh air. My heart was broken for him, after all he's been through. But he needed to let go, and he did. He trusted me, he always did... And that's something that I realized the other night.

I smiled to myself lightly, before I bit the side of my lip. He really did trust me.

Butterflies swarmed in my stomach, as I thought about it for a moment, could he possibly love me? It sometimes seemed too unrealistic, but it felt like it was finally becoming a reality.

My lips curved upwards again as I stared at the words I was writing, before I suddenly heard a clutter. My head perked up, and I saw my blonde best friend sitting outside of my bay window. I set down my journal, before I walked over to the window, unlocking it, as she climbed in.

I sat down at my window, before Maya adjusted herself. She gave me a light smile. "Hi peaches." I said lightly, before she nodded her head. I furrowed my eyebrows. She didn't say anything, which seemed very unusual. Maya wasn't one to be quiet.

"What?" I said bluntly, as she stared at me. She bit her lip, as if she was hesitating. "I'm your best friend Riley," Maya spoke, and I nodded my head lightly at her. "I think I know that." I said with a light chuckle, but she pursed her lips.

"Which is why I can say this. I can't sit here anymore, watching you hold yourself back from something that you've wanted since day one, but you haven't admitted your feelings to them." Maya said boldly, and I felt my shoulders loosen, as my eyes widened lightly. "M-Maya-" "No, Riley. Please, let me talk." Maya pleaded, and I sighed, before gesturing her to continue.

T H I R D * P O V

"I know that you try to think that he doesn't love you, because you're scared. You want to be with Lucas but at the same time you have been scared, you once told me that you thought you weren't capable of love, but that isn't true, Riley. I can't stand to see you guys hold back from each other any longer. Everyone around you, sees it. Why can't you?" Maya asked, as she grabbed her best friends hand.

Riley stayed silent, before she looked down to her lap.

"Riley.. Just tell me one thing, that you love about him." Maya whispered, and Riley's eyes looked up. Maya knew her best friend practically better than she knew herself, and Maya knew that nothing was holding them back anymore.

"There isn't just one thing." Riley replied, as she fiddled with her fingers. Maya lightly smiled.

"I love his electric green eyes, and how bright they get when he speaks of something he loves. " Riley whispered. "I love his messy dark blonde hair, and I love his laugh. I love his mysterious heart, and how he cares even though he doesn't want to show it. I love every inch of him, every freckle, every muscle, every smile." Riley said passionately with so much love in her tone.