1.9; "Jealousy."

R I L E Y

I trotted down the stairs, as I hopped onto the subway train. Immediately the doors closed behind me. I took a deep breath, almost missed it. Suddenly I felt my back pocket buzz, indicating that I got a text message. I looked down, and I saw that it was Maya. I don't think I've ever felt so lonely before, I've debated wether or not to text her the past few days.

From: Peaches!¡

'We need to talk. Meet me and Farkle at Topanga's tonight please.'

I let out a sigh. The way they've been treating me has made me angered, upset. But I guess I can't get myself out of this on—

I was suddenly swept underneath my feet, as I felt myself fall forward onto someone, down to the ground.

Dammit. Way to go Riley, never holding on when you need too. I heard a groan and my eyes fluttered open.

"Oh my gosh, I am so sorry!" I gasped. I was on top of a guy, who looked close to my age. Maybe he was my age, I don't know, but whoever he was he was hot. Whoops, did I just say that?

"It's alright. It happens." He chuckled. I quickly got up, readjusting myself. I put my hand out to help the guy up, and I then got a better view of him.

Whoa mama.

"Oh, I'm so stupid, are you okay?" The guy asked in a worried tone. I laughed. "Yeah I'm just fine, I'm kind of used to falling on here. But are you alright?" I questioned back. He grinned, "I'm kind of not used to this. Riding on a subway train, I mean. I just moved here. But I guess I'm just using that as an excuse because I'm clumsy." He chuckled, as we both held onto a bar.

I stifled a giggle. "Trust me, I know how you feel. I was in that same position three months ago. Also I'm clumsy too." I smiled. He smiled back, and his teeth were like perfect.

But as of right now...I'm not really looking to date. Not that I'd date him I mean, I don't know. There's kind of someone else in my life that's more important to me right now.

"I'm Riley." I said.

"I'm Daniel." He replys with a smile. He had brown hair, that kind of swept of into a quiff. He had bright blue eyes and was tall, but not as tall as Lucas. Dang it, why do I compare every guy to Lucas?

"So where are you headed to?" I asked, trying to not worry about my thoughts. "John Quincy Adams high school, today's my first day actually. Like I said, I just moved here." He responded. I grinned. "Well you're just in luck, I'm heading there too. That's where I go to school." I reply. He suddenly let out a big breath.

"That makes me feel so much better." He laughed. I giggled also, before the subway came to a halt. It was our stop. "Yeah, I'll show you around and stuff." I smiled, as the subway doors opened and we both hopped off. "It would be much appreciated." He winked with a smile. I laughed. He's playful, I like that. Maybe we'll become good friends.

Me and Daniel walked along the streets, chatting before the huge brick school building came into sight. It felt like Maya showing me around for my first day. I tucked my hands in my coat pocket, as we stepped onto the large stairs in front of the school.

"Here it is. John Quincy High." I spoke.

"Wow. This is a lot smaller than my older school." He replys. I let out an awkward laugh, as I gave him a funny look. "This is like, one of the largest schools on the east coast. Where were you from?" I asked curiously. He let out a chuckle, before he looked back to me.

"Kind of complicated. I was born in LA and then me and my family moved to England, then moved back to LA then here." He responded. My eyes widened. "Wow, I'd like to know what your parents do for a living." I retorted, as we walked to the doors.