2.0; "I will always choose her."

R I L E Y

I walked into the school doors with Maya by my side, everything was great. Life was great. I ignored Missy's ugly glare as we swiftly waltzed past her.

"Bitch." Maya murmured underneath her breath, as she directly stared at Missy. "I'm surprised that her face isn't permanently stuck in that ugly glare position, oh wait it already is isn't it." Maya giggled and I laughed also. We hopped over to our lockers, before I quickly opened mine.

"So what about you and Daniel?" Maya suddenly said. My eyes went wide. "What do you mean about me and Daniel?" I replied in an awkward tone. Maya gave me a look.

A week had already gone by since I met Daniel, and we had become good friends but that's it. I don't really think of him in that way.

He actually told me that his parents are practically rich, his Dad owns a large business company in New York and London, where the main headquarters are. And his mom is a lawyer. So, he is basically a rich teenage boy, which would explain his nice attire all the time.

Which that's kind of cool, but it doesn't change my opinion on him. He's still the dude I met on the train the other day. My friend. Emphasize the word friend.

"We're just friends. And I literally mean that, I don't think of him like that." I replied honestly. "I believe you." Maya says. I gave her a smile.

Suddenly I felt two hands wrap around my eyes, and I couldn't see anything. I bit the side of my cheek, trying to hold back a smile. I knew who it was.

"Guess who?" They whispered in my ear. I turned around before opening my eyes. My smile instantly dropped. It was Daniel,

not Lucas.

"Daniel." I said, pulling on a fake smile. I was happy to see him but I was kind of hoping for someone else maybe. Maya could tell, she was trying to hold back a laugh. I gave her a glare.

"Hey." He grinned. "Hiya." I said bluntly.

"So, Thanksgiving break, what are your plans?" He abruptly asked. "Shoving food in my mouth, watching football and sleeping." I giggled. He laughed. "Sounds like fun." He chuckled. I nodded with a smile, as I grabbed my math books from behind. "What about you? Any big fancy thanksgiving plans." I spoke. He just pursed his lips, before scrunching up his nose and shaking his head.

I curiously raised my eyebrow. "You're not doing anything for thanksgiving?" I asked. He chuckled. "My family never really does. They never have. They always work on Thanksgiving." He responded.

I feel bad. Nobody should spend Thanksgiving alone.

"Well...do you want to come to my house for Thanksgiving tomorrow? My parents and I are having a Thanksgiving breakfast, then they're going to leave to go to my grandmas, so I'm hosting a Friendsgiving." I replied. Maya's eyes went wide. I gave her a look. I hadn't told her that I invited Josh yet.

"Um yeah, that'd be cool. Thanks." He grinned. I laughed. "No problem, I'll text you later with the deets." I responded. "Deets?" He laughed. I giggled. "Riley's lame attempt at pretending to say cool things." Maya chimed in with a grin. I lightly whacked her arm and she laughed.

"Alright well I'll cya later." Daniel chuckled, waving me and Maya off. "Bye." I said solemnly.

"When I say I'm not attracted to Daniel, I mean it. So don't say anything." I sighed, shutting my locker, as Maya did also.

"I won't." She pursed her lips.

"Daniel just isn't.. My type." I say, leaning my back against my locker. Maya rose her eyebrow.