3.6; "Sense & Sensibility."

Riley sat down at her precious bay window, her sanctuary, her safe place. Her mind was completely clear, for once.

She knew how she felt, nothing was holding her back from feeling the way that she does anymore, and it felt like a new breath of fresh air for her. No more lying.

Suddenly, a light knock came from only a few feet away. Riley turned her head, and saw her parents, standing at the door, smiling towards her. She pursed her lips silently.

They walked over to her, each of them sitting on either side of Riley.

"What is it?" Topanga asked, as she rubbed Riley's arm. Riley looked over at her dad, before back to her mom.

"After, I had found out what Daniel did, it felt.. kind of like a relief." Riley spoke. Topanga looked over at Cory, giving him a slight smile, before looking back to Riley.

"You're not hurt?" Riley's dad asked. Riley looked over to him, tears suddenly filling her eyes. She began to shake her head.

"I think i'm more heartbroken over the fact that it didn't hurt as much as it should have." Riley began to cry. Cory and Topanga immediately engulfed their daughter in a hug. "It's okay, honey. You were in pain, you were just trying to move on with your life. You shouldn't have to feel bad about it." Cory said. Riley sniffled, before she wiped her tears.

"I-I didn't think he would ever come back. But he did.. I mean, I always had hope. Even though I had buried it deep down inside, I never, for one second, lost hope that he wouldn't come back." Riley replied. Topanga smiled. "Because you've always loved him." She whispered, as she moved a piece of hair behind Riley's ear.

Riley lightly smiled, before looking down to her lap, as she fiddled with her white polished fingers. "I do." She responded. Cory held his little girl closer, she was growing up. She was in love after all.

"Sense, and sensibility." Riley's dad suddenly said. Riley turned her head over towards him, as she wiped her lonely tears. She wondered what he was thinking.

"You need both to have a good, healthy relationship." He spoke. Riley bit the side of her lip, as she thought. "Everything Daniel has said, has made sense.." Riley murmured quietly. Cory rubbed her arm as Topanga did.

"And..?" He whispered, as he looked at his daughter. Riley stared at her dad, thinking, before she finally caught on.

"Charlie only made sense, too." Riley lightly gasped. Topanga and Cory smiled at each other, before looking back to their daughter. "So, how do you feel now?" Riley's mom asked. Riley looked at both of her parents, with a light smile dangling across her lips.

"I feel free." She finally replied, with a sense of relief.

There was nothing holding her back now,

Except she didn't know how he felt, if he truly felt the same,

Little did she know, it was even more than that.

"I like this story," Someone suddenly said, making Riley, and her parents heads turn towards the doorway. There stood a short little boy with curly hair, a smile curving along his lips.

"What are you talking about, Auggie?" Topanga asks, motioning for Auggie to come over. Auggie ran over, hopping into between his mom and his sister. He looked up to Riley, smiling once more.

"You finally realized who the good prince was, and who the bad ones were." Auggie spoke. Riley's light smile faded, as she finally realized what her little brother was talking about all along.