0.7; "She took my breath away."

L U C A S

I hopped out of Zays car and walked into the back door of the seemingly too familiar warehouse. The instant smell of blood and rust lingered through the air once I stepped in. Zay's Uncle, Jeremy waved over to me. I set my bag down before walking over to him, past the boxing ring.

"How you doin' Lucas?" He asked me. "Alright." I said. "Let's practice before the match tonight, Isaiah, wanna help him out?" Jermey asked. Zays eyes went wide, "If you want me to die!" Zay exclaimed. I laughed, before patting his back. "You'll do just fine, just don't be a slow shit." I winked at him, before putting on my gloves and entering the ring with a smug smirk. Zay cursed underneath his breath.

"Dumbass." He said, before walking over to grab a mouth guard and gloves. I practiced a few punches in the air, before Riley crossed my mind. If she ever found out about this, she'd never speak to me ever again. Not that she's barely speaking to me now, but still. I sighed, before Zay entered the ring.

"If I'm dead by the end of this, I'm going to kill you." Zay said, before putting on his helmet. He threw a few punches, pretending as if he knew what he was doing. I let out a laugh before Jermey blew the whistle. I went easy on him, giving him a call before I'd kick, punch or swing. Zay, being Zay, acted like a drama queen anytime I'd actually hit him. I swung over his head, and suddenly Riley came back to my mind. What she said earlier about me saving her from the dodge ball, why did I have to be a dick and lie to her? After gym she walked out into the hallway, and I remember once the bell rang I walked out and saw her talking to Charlie. My blood boiled just thinking about it. Suddenly before I knew it, Zay was on the ground.

"OW!" He yelled. I didn't realize that I actually just kicked him in the stomach.

"Shit! Sorry, wasn't paying attention." I said. "Clearly!" He screeched. I grabbed his hand and pulled him up. "Are you alright?" I asked. He nodded. "Alright Lucas, I don't want you to get to worn out, take a break until tonight." Jermey said. I nodded, spitting out my mouth guard and hopping out of the ring. I hated boxing, but I literally didn't have a choice. I'd be homeless, living on the streets if I wasn't doing this. I was all alone, by myself. I have to take of myself somehow.

I grabbed a water bottle, and chugging it down before Zay walked over to me.

"I know you don't want to do this tonight." Zay frowned. "I don't really have a choice, do I? I never wanted to do this in the first place." I replied, sitting down.

"Well, if it makes you feel any better, tonight's the last fight for awhile. Back to practicing season." Zay said. I glanced at him.

"It doesn't make me feel better." I responded. He let out a dramatic sigh. "Save up money. Do as many fights as you possibly can, beat their asses and then get yourself out of this hell hole." Zay said. I stood up. "Then what? What happens after that money runs out? I don't have anything." I said. "I'll help you out." Zay grinned. "I can fend for myself." I snapped. Zay suddenly stood up. "It's fine to ask for help you know." He said. I sighed, ignoring his gaze.

"You know I'm right." Zay winked. "Oh stop pouting. Listen to me." He said in a girly tone. I couldn't help but laugh a bit. He patted my shoulder with a grin.

"Let's get you cleaned up before the match." Zay said and we both walked to the back.

>>>>>>>>>>

                                                                                                  R I L E Y

HYPNOTIC ✗ rucasजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें