3.3; "You remember?"

L U C A S

Nobody understands.

They don't know what happened,

I had to leave.

It wasn't my fault..

"Please. You can do anything, anything you want to hurt me. But for the love of God, don't hurt her."

I cried, as I stared at the man I have feared my whole life.

He deviously chuckled. "Oh, Lucas.. My boy. I'll find her someday. Maybe I don't know where she is now, but I have eyes and ears everywhere. After all, you don't deserve her. You take after your father, he never deserved your mother!" My uncle screamed in the most horrifying way.

"Don't you dare ever touch her!"

My anger built up like never before, and I wasn't sure what took over me, maybe it was the deep love I felt for Riley, but I couldn't help but throw my fist, instantly colliding it to his jaw. I suddenly heard him grunt in pain, as two men immediately and vigorously grabbed me to hold me away.

My uncle glared at me viciously, before he stood up and started kicking me in the stomach.

I collapsed to the floor, before I found the strength to stand up. It was a continuous fight, but eventually three men against one, I couldn't stand.

"Bad mistake, boy." My uncle whispered up close to my bruised, and bleeding face.

What seemed like the easiest thing to do was erase myself from Riley's life, so no more pain or harm could come her way. And that maybe she could possibly be happy,

I knew how much it would hurt Riley, that I'd leave. But I had too, for her. I had to keep the girl I love safe.

T H I R D * P O V

Lucas walked down the hallway the next day, striding along, ignoring the glares or stares from others. Lucas turned a corner, before he saw someone. Someone he hasn't seen in a long time either.

It was Zay, standing there trying to flirt with two girls, but was most likely failing miserably. Suddenly, to Lucas's surprise both of the girls smiled and handed Zay a piece of paper. Zay grinned, before Lucas began to walk up behind him.

"See you hot mamma's later then alright?" Zay winked with a flirty laugh, before the girls giggled and waved to him, as they walked off.

Zay was grinning from ear to ear, before he turned around and suddenly saw Lucas. Zay's smile instantly disappeared. "Piss off." Zay suddenly spat, before shoving past Lucas, but Lucas grabbed his shoulder. "Just let me explain!" Lucas exclaimed. Zay gave him a glare. "Why should I? Maybe I was right, you are a douche bag who left his friends for no reason. You never even bothered to tell me. I don't think you have that much explaining to do, and if so it's going to be a pissy reason." Zay snarled, anger building up inside of him.

Lucas kept himself calm for the sake of his best friend. Zay began to walk away, so Lucas quickly shouted.

"I'm sorry!" He said. Zay stopped in his tracks, before hesitantly turning back around to Lucas.

"I had to leave." Lucas said. Zay breathed out, "You didn't have to leave." He remarked. "You don't get it!" Lucas yell whispered, looking around the halls to make sure nobody could hear, and thankfully nobody was down the hall, most likely they would both be late for their next class.