Chapter 71

Jack's POV:

After driving for way too long, we finally stop at a hotel for the night. We still have almost ten hours to drive tomorrow, so Charlotte (a.k.a the mom of the group) wanted us all to get to bed early, but we all know that isn't happening.

Charlotte, Johnson and I are sharing a room, which means that I get to sleep with Charlotte right by my side. It's been entirely too long since that has happened.

Once we get up to our room, she goes to the bathroom and comes out with sweatpants and one of my t-shirts on.

I let out a small laugh. "I've been wondering where that went."

"Well you gave it to me a while ago, and I figured that you wouldn't miss it too much if I just kept it," she tells me with a smirk.

Just then, Johnson walks in with a trail of guys (and Mahogany) behind him.

"So, what are we doing now?" Johnson asks.

"Umm, we're going to bed," Charlotte says as she puts her hair up.

"Umm, no we're not," Johnson says, mimicking her with his hand on his hip.

"It's only 10:00," Shawn tells her. "When was the last time you were asleep by 10:30?"

"Yeah, good point," she says after thinking about it. "But I don't want to hear you guys complaining when you have to drive and you can barely keep your eyes open."

Instead of actually doing anything, we all just want to relax and talk . But after sitting around for a while, my stomach starts to grumble. "Alright, I need food," I announce.

"You just ate dinner like two hours ago," Charlotte says.

"So? I'm a growing boy," I say, bringing a smile from both of us.

"Well let's go get some food," Sammy says, standing up.

Everybody else follows except for Charlotte, Mahogany, Johnson and Shawn.

"Aren't you guys hungry?" I ask them.

"Not really," Charlotte says, speaking for all of them.

"Ok, we'll be back soon."

......

Charlottes POV:

Once the door shuts behind the guys, I turn to face the others. To be honest, I feel as though the boys sitting in front of me are the only ones who are fully capable of using their brains. Don't get me wrong, I love the other guys, too. But Johnson and Shawn seem to be the deep thinkers, which is hard to believe sometimes.

"So Charlotte," Shawn begins. "How are things going with you and Jack? Are things back to normal?"

"I guess so," I say. "I mean, things have been kind of wild lately, but I think it's going okay."

"Well that's good." He replies casually, but there's something in the tone of his voice that suggests something more. And of course, I can't just ignore that.

"Why are you asking?" I question him.

"I was just curious, that's all."

"No," I say. "I think you're trying to imply something."

The look on his face turns to confusion rather quickly. "What do you mean?"