Chapter 66

Warning: I did not read this chapter through so there are probably mistakes that could cause some confusion

----------------------

Charlotte's POV:

So here we are. My period of peace is finally over as all of the guys are here with me now. I guess they decided that I've had enough alone time. But I think that I deserve to be alone if I want, right? I mean, considering the circumstances.

All of us are now sitting outside around my pool because according to them, I need to "get out more". I'm just wondering when my friends became my parents.

As of now, the only people that know about my little breakdown the other night are Johnson and Shawn, and I really intend on keeping it that way. My parents want me to go back to school on Monday, so I guess that i'll be wearing long sleeves for a while. At least we only have a few weeks left until summer.

"So, I was thinking about going back down to the hospital and staying there tonight." Cameron says. I just now realize that none of us have really been there all week. I'm sure that a few of them have stopped by a for a couple minutes, but not long.

"I think I'll come, too." Hayes says. I love that Hayes had been spending so much more time with us lately. Nobody cares that he's younger, we all just treat him like a little brother. And I'll admit that having him here is kind of comforting to me. I feel like he had some sort of connection with Jack that he didn't have with anybody else. Whenever I saw them together, it looked like the brothers on TV shows. Don't get me wrong, Nash is a great big brother, but with Jack, Hayes is just... different.

Soon enough, we're all making plans to go to the hospital tonight. Well, everybody but me. But nobody has really noticed that I haven't agreed to come, so I'm hoping that I'll get out of it. Of course I want to be there for Jack, but I don't know if I can go back there without having a panic attack. Not after that dream at least.

"So Charlotte," Taylor says, "You're coming too, right?"

Wow. Thanks Taylor.

Everybody looks at me, and I'm assuming that they're waiting for me to say yes.

"Do I have to?" I ask.

"No, you don't have to." Aaron says. "But don't you think you should? I mean, you haven't left your house since Sunday."

They don't really know about my adventure to the lake yet. Mainly because they don't know about the lake at all. But what they don't know won't kill them.

I sigh. "I don't know, I'm not really feeling that well." I say.

Instead of giving me a little speech about how I can't keep making up excuses like this just to get out of doing things I don't want to do, they don't say anything. They just look at me with a look that practically screams "That's enough of your bull crap, tell us the truth." The whole thing is making me feel extremely uncomfortable. So, I stand up and say, "I'll be right back."

"Where are you going?" Sam asks as I open the door to go inside.

"I have to go to the bathroom." It's the first thing I can think of saying to make sure that nobody follows me.

But I do end up heading towards the bath room when I get inside. When I get there I immediately close the door and lock the door. I turn the water on in the sink, splashing cold water on my face. I just need a little break.

I par my face dry with a towel quickly and look up. But when I look in the mirror, I don't see who I thought I would. I see someone completely different. This isn't the same girl that I would've seen a week ago.