Chapter 26

Charlotte's POV:

*A week and a half later

Jack and I have been dating for two weeks now. It seems like it's been so much longer. Whenever I'm around him time seems to slow down, and I can't tell you how much I love that.

Our relationship is different than most others in our school. Jack and I have only kissed once (not including the kiss at the party). We are going pretty fast, but that part is going slow. Both of us are fine with that. As long as we're together, I couldn't care less how often we kiss.

When I came home from school, I went straight to my couch and turned on the tv. I've been sitting here since then.

I know that I'm a teenager and it's Friday and I should be out with my friends. But, if you ask me, a couch can be a girls best friend sometimes.

I'm sitting there watching tv and playing on my phone when I get a text. It's from Jack.

Jack: Hey, are you doing anything?

Me: Not really

Jack: Can I take you somewhere?

Me: Where?

Jack: It's a surprise ;)

Another one of Jack Gilinsky's famous surprises. This this is gonna be good.

Me: Ok when?

Jack: Ten minutes?

Me: K see ya then :)

I don't know that I wanna leave my position on the couch, but it's worth it if I get to be with Jack.

I try to figure out what the surprise is this time. Last time Jack took me on a surprise trip, I ended up at the fanciest restaurant I've ever been to with the most incredible view possible. I have no idea what he has in store this time.

I slip on some sneakers and head outside. I sit on the porch and play on my phone until Jack pulls up to my driveway. He gets out of the car and runs over to open my door for me.

"Thank you." I say. He always does this for me, so I've gotten used to it. He shuts the door behind me and gets back in the drivers seat.

"So, I guess you aren't gonna tell me where we're going."

"Nope." Jack says, smirking as he looks at the road. I can't stop staring at him. He looks so perfect. From his dark brown eyes to his sculpted jawline, everything about this boy is amazing.

"Jack, can I ask you something?" I say, nervous to go on.

"Yeah, of course." He says, the look on his face suddenly turning serious. He can always tell when something's bothering me, and that's not always a good thing.

"Jack, you're one of the most popular guys in school. You have everything. There are so many girls that are prettier and better than me that deserve you more than I do. Out of all those girls, you picked me instead. Why?" I ask quietly. This has been bugging me for a while, and I'm tired of wondering why.

Much to my surprise, Jack pulls over on the side of the road. He turns the car off and turns to me, staring me right in the eyes. He takes my hands in his, grabbing my full attention.

"Charlotte, I don't understand why you think that everybody else is so much better than you. I have never met a girl that is better than you. To me, you're the most perfect girl on this planet. I love everything about you. Everytime you smile at me, I get this weird feeling in the pit of my stomach. I can't stand being away from you for more than a couple of hours. Charlotte, you drive me absolutely crazy. No other girl has ever done this to me. I didn't choose you on purpose. I didn't ask for this to happen, it just did. You are the best thing that's ever happened to me, and I'm not going anywhere for a long time."

I don't know what to say. Everything that Jack just said hit me like a bullet. I didn't think I would ever hear a guy say anything like that to me.

"Jack..." I try to find the right words to say but I can't. I'm just too mesmerized by this boy sitting on front of me.

"Charlotte, you don't have to say anything. I just want you to know how much you mean to me. Nothing you say or do could ever change that. I'm not going to leave you."

"Promise?" I say. I know it sounds kind of childish, but I need to know that Jack means what he said.

I still can't stop staring at him. Our faces are inches apart, and I can't fight the urge to kiss him for much longer. It's almost as if Jack reads my mind, because seconds later, his lips are on mine. It's a gentle kiss, but there's no denying the intense passion behind it.

It doesn't last long before we both pull away. Jack leans his forehead on mine as I continue looking in his eyes. "I promise." He says.

He pulls away from me and starts the car back up, pulling back onto the road. He continues driving with one hand on the wheel while the other holds mine.

I still don't understand how I became lucky enough to even have Jack in my life, let alone date him. Moving here has been the best thing that ever happened to me.

------------

A/n- Awww, Jack is so sweet. So I know that this has been pretty boring lately, but I just haven't been very creative. Idk I'm just a mess.

But anyways, there's going to be more drama as the book goes on. And it may just be me, but it's always so much better when there's drama. Am I right?

So yeah, sorry if it's boring now, but I guess you'll just have to keep reading.