Chapter 28

Jack's POV:

"I love you." I let the words fumble out of my mouth. I've been wanting to say this for a while now, but for some reason it was just for hard for me. I don't know why. But, any doubt that I had in the past disappears as the words escape my lips.

At first I'm scared that Charlotte won't feel the same way. But, those concerns quickly vanish. "I love you too, Jack."

Wow. We really love eachother. This is a completely new sensation to me, and I'm pretty sure it is for Charlotte as well. But, I'm glad that it's her that I'm saying this to. But, I'm a little surprised. I've always had issues with actually committing to serious relationships. Not with Charlotte.

I inch a little closer to Charlotte, not wanting to be away from her. We smile at eachother, and I'm afraid to blink. If I do, I feel like this whole moment will disapear. I don't want that to happen. I want to stay like this as long as I can.

Charlotte and I are right against eachother now. Our faces are so close that I can see the even darker brown specks in her dark eyes. I hold her gaze for a minute until my eyes travel down to her lips.

Man, I want to kiss her so badly.

I would kiss her, but it feels like I'm in some sort of trance, and I don't think I want it to end. I see her eyes do the same as mine did. She gazes at my lips, then at my eyes, then back at my lips again.

Our faces are slowly getting closer. This moment is so perfect. I don't want it to end. Before I know it, our lips make contact.

It's such a gentle and innocent kiss. At first. It slowly starts to get more intense. Our lips start to move in sync with eachother.

We are both sitting up, trying to get as close as possible. I put my hands on her waist as hers travel to the back of my neck. She tugs ever so lightly at my hair, and it feels so good.

Eventually, Charlotte lays on her back and I'm hovering over her, our lips not leaving eachother.

We start to slow down a little bit, and I eventually pull away. I put my forehead on hers, still not wanting to leave her presence. "I love you so much." I say, barely a whisper.

"I love you too, Jack. I love you so much." She whispers.

After a minute, we find our way back to the position we started in. Her head is on my chest and our arms are wrapped around eachother.

I can't believe this is real. Every relationship I've ever had was meaningless and never went anywhere. But this, this is going somewhere. I may not know what our future has planned, but I do know one thing. What I have with Charlotte is a once in a lifetime thing, and I'm not letting it go any time soon

-------

The drive home is quiet, but it's not awkward. It's comfortable.

I can feel Charlotte's eyes on me as I drive. "Whatcha looking at?" I ask as I laugh.

"Just my boyfriend." She says, leaning her head on her hand. It's kind of weird. I never officially asked Charlotte to be my girlfriend. We just kind of mentally agreed that we were boyfriend and girlfriend, I didn't have to ask her.

We are at Charlotte's house way too soon. I don't want her to leave. I guess she doesn't either, because as she opens the door, she says, "Why don't you come in?"

It's only nine 'o' clock, so I don't see why not. I smile at Charlotte and get out of the car. She grabs my hand and leads me inside.

When we get inside, it's really quiet. "I thought your parents were home." I say looking around.

"I thought so too." She says walking into the kitchen. A minute later, she comes back with a note in her hand. "Apparently they went out to dinner with some friends. Knowing them, they won't be back until after midnight."

I guess me and Charlotte have the house to ourselves tonight.