Chapter 57

Jack's POV:
I don't know how long I've been laying here, but it's been a while. I can't see or move, but I'm still aware of what's going on around me. I'm not sure what happened, but I know that it's not good.

So far, I've decided that I am in a hospital, but that's about it.
Right now, everything hurts. My whole body is aching. Even if I were able to move, I still wouldn't. It would just cause too much pain.

I'm trying my hardest to remember what happened, but I can't. The last thing I remember is....

Fuck. Charlotte. That stupid fight. Fuck.

Well if you weren't such a chickenshit then that wouldn't have happened, now would it?

There it is. That little voice in my head that always makes me feel like an asshole is back. And I hate it.

But I know that it's right.

I could have easily avoided that situation if I hadnt gone all psycho on Charlotte. But no, I had to go and screw it up.

I'm starting to wonder what exactly is going on. So far, I dont remember anybody I know coming in to see me, wherever it is that I'm being kept. Actually, I don't remember anybody coming in. Hopefully it will happen soon because it's kinda boring right now.

Just as I'm thinking this, I hear a door open. Then footsteps. Then hushed voices. I can tell that whoever it is knows that I can hear them considering they're whispering.

Eventually, the whispering stops, and they finaly speak up.

"Hey Jack."

I can tell right away who it is. My parents. Just the thought of them being here makes me feel better.

"I don't know if you're listening or not," My mother begins, "But if you are, please pay attention to what I'm saying. You probably know that you got in a car crash by now."

No, I didn't know that.

"Honey, I'm not going to lie. It"s pretty bad. And it's going to be a hard battle to fight through. So, I just want you to know that if it ever gets to be too much for you, we understand if you just need to let go."

Let go? Is she saying that if I'd rather die than have to fight through the recovery, she and my dad are fine with it? She obviously doesn't know me then, because Jack Gilinsky doesn't give up on something he believes in. Ever.

I hear my mother try and say something, but it just comes out as sobs. I knew that she was going to break down eventually. I was just hoping that it would wait until they left so that way I wouldn't have to listen to my own parents suffer like this.

I hear my father suggest that they leave because the doctor said they only had afew minutes or something, so they start to leave.

Just as I think they're gone, I hear heavy footsteps approaching me once again. I know it's my father.

I feel his presence right beside me. He is close to my ear, so I can hear him very easily as he speaks.

"Hang in there kid. I believe in you."

With that, my father stands up to leave

-----------------------

A/n:

Ok this chapter is long overdue. And it's not as great as I wanted it to be either. Sorry about that.

But anyways, in case it was confusing, this is before Charlotte comes in to see Jack and she's still in the waiting room with the others. So yeah.

I also did not mean for this to be so much like If I Stay. It just kinda turned out that way (btw I only read the book like 8 months ago but I haven't seen the movie so idk if this is what it's like in the movie)

I'm honestly just really stressed because MY ENGLISH TEACHER KEEPS GIVING US PROJECTS AND WE HAVE LIKE TWO DAYS TO DO THEM AND THIS IS THE THIRD IN LESS THEN A WEEK AND AHHHH I HATE THIS HELL HOLE WHOEVER CAME UP WITH THE CONCEPT OF SCHOOL AHOULD BE PUSHED OFF OF A CLIFF ( even though they're already dead)

But yeah, I'll hopefully update again by this time next week.

Sorry for the delays.