Chapter 20

Jack's POV:

So here I am. I'm at dinner with the perfect girl. I have to say, Charlotte looks beautiful. I haven't really seen her dress up before, and I wish she would do it more often. If only she knew how gorgeous she was.

After the waiter takes our orders, we talk for a while. Usually when I go on first dates, they're awkward or I get kind of bored. But not this time. I'm having a great time and I wish that it would never end.

I still can't believe that I'm here with Charlotte. After all that time I spent denying it, me and Charlotte really do like each other.

We're about half way through our meal when Charlotte asks me a question. "So Jack," she starts kind of nervously."

"Hmm?"

"I heard some people talking, and they told me that you've had so many girlfriends in the past and that you've never been good to any one of them. Is that really true?"

Is that really what people think? That I don't treat girls right? I know that I've never been the dream guy, but I didn't think I treated them badly.

"Charlotte, it's true that I've dated a bunch of girls. But, I don't think it's true that I treated them badly. I always tried to be good to my girlfriends. But, maybe I was wrong. Maybe what I though was being a good boyfriend is actually being a douchebag."

"Jack, I didn't really believe people when they said that. I just wanted to be sure." She says. This just got a little awkward. But, there's something else that I have to say before we change the subject.

"Charlotte, I'm sorry if this is too much for you to take in, but I need to say something." I take a deep breath before going on. "How I feel when I'm around you is something I've never felt before. It's something completely new to me. I've always though that I've had these connections with girls, but I was wrong. I finally know what it feels like when you belong with someone, and I believe that we belong together. I'm sorry if you don't feel the same way, but I just had to get that off my chest."

Charlotte reacts way better than I thought she would. She gives me a huge smile and says, "Jack, I feel the same way about you. I was scared that you didn't feel that way, so I didn't want to say anything."

For some reason I laugh at this. I don't get how I thought I wouldn't fall for Charlotte. She's perfect, I don't care what anybody else says.

Once this waiter brings our check, I pick it up right away so Charlotte won't look at it. She rolls her eyes at me. "Jack, I don't want you to spend all this money on me."

"But I want to. There's no way I'm letting you pay, especially not on our first date."

She rolls her eyes again, trying not to smile. I think it's cute when she gets annoyed with me. The way her face looks drives me crazy, and I love it.

We walk out to the car with my arm wrapped around her shoulder. This night was perfect, and being able to spend it with Charlotte made it even better.

While I'm driving, Charlotte turns the radio on again. I'm Yours by Jason Mraz is on. I start singing immediately, and Charlotte soon joins in. She lied. She said she was an awful singer, but she's pretty good.

"You lied to me, Charlotte." I say once the sing is over.

"Huh?"

"You said you were a bad singer. You lied."

She shakes her head at me and laughs. Her laugh is so cute.

The drive goes by way too quickly. Before I know it, we're pulling up to Charlotte's house. I walk her to her door and say goodnight. "Thanks for an amazing night Jack." She says, her smile still not leaving her face.

"Thank you for making it so amazing." I say. I can't believe how beautiful she is, and she doesn't even know it.

We look eachother in the eyes, and I can't stop myself from leaning in for a kiss. Our lips meet, and I feel fireworks in my stomach. I've never felt this while kissing a girl before, ever.

We don't make out or anything. It's just like a first kiss type of kiss, short and sweet.

We both eventually pull away. I wish she didn't have to go. I could've stayed there all night if she was out there with me. But, soon enough, she goes inside, leaving me out in the cool night air.

I go back to my car and pull out of her driveway. Within about ten seconds, I'm back at my house. I go inside and realize that my parents are already asleep. Both my sisters are in college, so it's just me and my parents.

I go up to my room and change into some pajamas. I grab my phone and see that I have a text. It's from Leah.

Leah is a girl in my school who I cannot stand. She's had a thing for me since freshman year. She would always come up to me and flirt with me, even though I made it clear that I want nothing to do with her. I haven't really seen her that much in the past few months. I was hoping that she finally gave up. But, after reading the text she sent me, I realize I was wrong.

"Hey babe. Haven't seen much of you lately. We should hang out soon (;"

I ignore the text and put my phone on my nightstand. I don't want Leah around, especially not now that I have Charlotte. She'll just try and break us up. I can't let that happen. I won't let that happen. I've already had enough on my plate trying to keep Tony away from Charlotte, but now I have to worry about Leah.

I guess that I'm going to have to fight if I want this relationship to work.