Chapter 17

Charlotte's POV-

As I drive to school on Monday , I can only hope that Jack doesn't see me when I get there. I haven't quite figured out what I'm going to say to him.

To be honest, I'm still not sure that I want to date him. I just don't think I want or am ready for a boyfriend, especially not now. I'm still trying to get used to this town and I'm catching up on a lot of material for classes, so I don't want distractions. I also don't want something bad to happen. I don't think I would be able to go to school with Jack if we broke up and weren't friends anymore.

When I park my car, I look around before opening the door. I just want to make sure Jack isn't around. I get out and walk quickly to the entrance.

When I get in the school, I see Aaron leaning against the wall by the door. When he sees me, he walks over. I hope he doesn't know about me and Jack.

We start walking together as Aaron starts the conversation.

"Hey Charlotte."

"Hey Aaron."

"So, Jack's been acting really weird lately. Ever since the party, he just hasn't been the same. Do you have any idea why?"

So the guys don't know about what happened. But, Jack's been acting differently. That could be a good or a bad thing. "What do you mean he's been acting differently?"

"Well we all wanted to go to the skate park, but Jack said he didn't want to. We went over to his house to try and get him to come. He seemed really out of it and he got annoyed with us so we thought we should give him some space. We know something happened. We also know that Jack most likely told Johnson, but Johnson won't crack. He keeps saying he doesn't know, but it's obvious he does."

That means that Johnson knows what happened between me and Jack. At least he didn't tell anyone. "I honestly don't know Aaron."

"Are you sure? Because, sorry if you don't want to talk about it, but Cameron said that he saw Tony follow you outside at the party and Jack went out after him."

"Well, not much happened out there. Jack just made Tony leave, that's all." I lie.

"Ok then. Well I gotta go. See ya later." Aaron says walking away.

"Bye Aaron!" I call after him.

So nobody knows except Johnson. That's good, but it still doesn't solve the problem. I'm still going to have to face Jack eventually. Since I have third and fifth period and lunch with him, I don't think I'll be able to put it off for long.

I guess that today's the day I decide my future with Jack.

Jack's POV:

As I'm driving to school, I can't help but think about what I'm going to say to Charlotte. I've thought about it all weekend, but I still have no clue. But, are we even going to be in a relationship? I've decided that I want to be after debating it for hours. But, the way that she's been acting tells me that she doesn't want to.

I know that Charlotte won't want to talk to me. But, she's pretty much going to have to since we have classes together.

Jack's riding with me to school, and he knows that this is bothering me. "Dude, you need to stop stressing over this." He says, obviously tired of seeing me like this.

"I can't!" I say. I can't stop shaking my leg and my fingers keep tapping the steering wheel. My anxiety is way too high right now.

"Dude, I've never seen you like this before. You like Charlotre so much more than you think, and you have to go through with this. I won't let you back out." He's telling the truth. If I don't talk to Charlotte, he will drag me to her and make me.

We park the car and go into school. As I'm walking to my locker, I see Charlotte walking with Aaron. I know that I can't talk to her now, not with Aaron there. I'll have to do it in third period, if I can.

-------------------

Third period comes around way too fast. I walk into class and sit in my seat anxiously, waiting for Charlotte to come in. When Jack walks in, he just looks at me and laughs, shaking his head. I must look pretty funny when I'm like this.

When Charlotte finally comes in, she looks at me and stops in her tracks. I see her take a deep breath and she continues walking, a little slower this time. She approaches me and walks to the seat behind me. I start to get a little nervous for some reason. Jack gives me a thumbs up as Charlotte sits down. I turn around and instantly start talking at rapid speed. "Charlotte, I've been thinking nonstop about this and I'm so sorry about what I did and-"

"Jack, can we not do this now?"

"What?"

"Can we talk at lunch? I really don't want to do it now."

After hearing this, I turn back around. I didn't think she was going to say that. But, hey, at least she's talking to me.

I go through the rest of class thinking about the girl sitting behind me. I can feel her eyes on me, and it makes me a little self conscious. I feel so relieved, yet worried at the same time. I'm excited and nervous for lunch. I need to hear what Charlotte has to say. What she says could make or break me in a matter of seconds.