Chapter 10

Charlotte's POV:

When lunch comes around, I can tell that Jack is still mad. I talked to Sam earlier, and apparently both Jack and Tony have hated eachother for years. Out of all the enemies Tony has made, he definitely hates Jack the most. Tony has a good number of friends, but a lot of people don't like him.

Sam also told me that both Jack and Tony can hold a grudge for a long time, which isn't good right now. I really need them to let this go, but I know they won't.

As me and Jack are in the lunch line, I decide that now would be a good time to start. I don't want to make a scene at the table. "So, Jack. I know that what happened is really bothering you."

He looks at me, kind of confused. "Well yeah. Why wouldn't it bother me."

"Jack, I'm glad that you guys are always there to protect me. But, I really need you to let this go. I don't want any trouble with you and Tony."

"Charlotte, I can't just let this go. He was gonna hurt you." Jack's voice is kind of demanding, and I don't like it.

"I know that Jack, but if you hold a grudge like I know you always do, then you're just going to cause more problems."

"What do you mean 'like you always do'?" He's starting to get mad. It scares me when one of the guys are mad, especially Jack. But, I stand my ground.

"I talked to Sam earlier and I asked him what the deal was with you and Tony. He told me how you've always hated him. He also told me that you both can hold grudges for a really long time. I don't want you to do that, okay?"

"So you just trust Sam's opinion and not mine?" By this point, me and Jack are actually arguing. I don't usually like to fight, but I need Jack to understand.

"I like to think that I can trust all of you just the same. But, when it comes to how you behave, I don't think that you're the best person to ask. I don't think you realize how you actually act."

"Well, fine. I'll just stay out of your business next time. Sorry for worrying." Jack turns away from me and walks to the table. I guess he thinks that it would be best if he doesn't sit near me, because the seat he takes is right between Nash and Mahogany. I sit down beside Carter and Aaron.

I'm quiet for most of lunch. Everybody keeps looking at me and Jack weirdly, wondering what's going on. Eventually, Carter turns and starts talking to me. "Are you and Jack fighting?"

"I guess so." I say, picking at my food.

"Well, just to let you know, Jack asked me and Aaron to give you a ride home today, and I think it would be best if I did after what happened earlier." It makes me a little annoyed that Jack can't let me handle me own business. But, I'm kind of glad that he asked Aaron and Carter to do this. I don't exactly feel safe walking home right now.

"Thanks. I'll meet you guys out front after school, okay?" I say standing up.

"Okay, sounds good."

I go throw my lunch away and start walking to my next class. But, I just can't stop thinking about Jack. Jack and I have never been mad at eachother. We've only been friends for like two weeks, but for some reason, this feels like major bump in the road. I've never liked fighting with people, and fighting with Jack just feels awful. I might've overreacted, but it's pretty obvious that Jack has a pretty bad temper.

---------------

After school, I wait outside for Aaron and Carter. They don't even live anywhere near my house, so I need to do something to thank them for driving me home.

A few minutes later, I see them running around the corner of the school towards me. When they get close to me, I expect them to slow down but they don't. "Charlotte, run!" Carter yells at me.

I run with them as fast as I can to the parking lot where Carter's car is. I get in the back as Carter and Aaron get in the front. "Okay, what the hell was that about?!?" I yell at the boys.

"Why don't you ask this dipshit over here?" Aaron says pointing to Carter.

"Carter, what the hell did you do?!?"

"Well, I may or may not have kicked a bucket of paint over while leaving art class, and Ms. Young may or may not be pissed at me." He starts laughing as I just stare at him.

"Well, you gave me freaking heart attack telling me to run like that!" I yell. I can't help but laugh at him, though.

The car ride was short. After all, I live close enough to the school to walk. When we pulled up to my house, I got out of the car and said bye to the boys.

When I got inside, I went to the kitchen and grabbed some Goldfish. I went to the living room and turned on the TV, laying down on the couch. I watched TV for about an hour before I started my homework. For some reason, I feel like I do better on my homework when I watch TV, so I sat back on the couch and got started.

After I finished my history and chemistry, I remembered that I had a math quiz on Monday that I needed to study for, badly. I searched through my backpack to find my math textbook, but it wasn't there. "Shit,"I say under my breath. I know that I need to study for this quiz. Math is probably my best subject, but I was not great at what the quiz was on. I sit there for a minute, thinking of what I should do.

I finally decide to go back to the school to get it. I know, it seems like I'm overreacting, but I just don't want to take my chances on this quiz and end up failing it.

So, I hop in my car and pull out of the driveway. I'm at school in about 2 minutes. Luckily, the doors are unlocked after school for sports, so I can go in. I head straight to my locker, not wasting any time. I grab my textbook and head back to the car. A minute later, I'm in the parking lot, unlocking my car. When I go to open my door, a hand stops me. As I turn to see who it is, I come face to face with the person who hasn't left my mind all day

"Hello Charlotte."