Chapter 33

Jack's POV:

We live about fifteen minutes away from Matt's house, so the ride there wasn't that long. We were driving when I heard my phone go off. I reached into my pocket and got it out, handing it to Charlotte.

"Can you read it for me?"

"It's from Matt. He wants us to stop by the store and pick up some soda real quick."

I groan jokingly. I should've known that Matt would forget something.

I turn into the Sheetz parking lot and park the car. "Do you wanna come in?" I ask Charlotte as I open my door.

"No, I'll stay here."

"Ok, I'll be back in a few minutes." I say as I close the door. With that, I head inside.

Charlotte's POV:

I watch Jack walk into Sheetz as I sit in the car. I pull out my phone so I can pass time by while Jack is in getting the soda for Matt. Right as I unlock my phone, I hear Jack's text alert go off.

I know that I really shouldn't look at what it is, but I can't help it. And besides, whenever Jack's driving or his phone is right beside me, he lets me read it to him anyways. He trusts me and I trust him.

I pick up Jack's phone and see he got a text from Leah. That's weird. I thought Jack said that they weren't friends. As I read the text, my heart stops.

Leah: It's ok Charlotte doesn't have to know;)

I can't believe this. Is Jack cheating on me? No, he wouldn't do that. He told me he would never leave me or hurt me. He promised. Did he lie?

Just then, his phone goes off again.

Leah: Why don't you just dump her now and get it over with? You know it's gonna happen eventually

Jack is cheating on me. With Leah. She seemed so nice and innocent, but I guess it was just an act.

No, I can't blame this all on Leah. Jack probably provoked it. I should've known that it was too good to be true.

I sit there, debating on what I should do. Should I ask him what's going on? Should I wait for him to confess? Should I just leave before he comes back? I guess that the part of me that wants to leave wins, because before I know it, I'm out of the car and running down the side of the road.

I don't know where exactly I'm going at first, but I figure that I'm going home considering that's the direction I'm running in.

Tears are streaming down my face as the cool, night air touches my skin. This all just seems like a dream. A nightmare, actually. Jack told me he loved me. He told me that I was the only girl that he ever loved. But, it was all just an act. He played me like it was nothing, and I fell for it. I can't believe I was stupid enough to think that a guy would actually like me.

I sprint for a good mile and a half until I approach a park. I'm still a good three miles away from my neighborhood. I decide that I need to clear my head, so I sit down on a bench beside the road. I feel kind of vulnerable sitting here like this, but I don't care right now.

I pull out my phone and see that I have three missed calls from and a bunch of texts from Jack. I feel bad at first for making him worry like that, but then I realize that he deserves it. Besides, he has Leah, he doesn't need me.

I sit there for a few minutes. My crying has come to a stop, but the pain inside is still going strong.

As I'm sitting, I hear a car coming from the direction of my house. I look up to see a very familiar car. It pulls to the side of the ride in front of me. I know I've seen it before, but I can't quite remember who-

Wait a minute. I know exactly whose car this is. Right as I figure it out, the door opens and out walks a boy with blonde hair and blue eyes.

"Jack?"