Chapter 9

Charlotte's POV:

As I'm walking to school the next day, I can't help but think about Jack. It's not because I like him, I'm just worried that things are going to be kind of awkward between us. My thoughts are interrupted by a car honking at me. It pulls up beside me. As the passenger side window rolls down I see none other than Jack and Jack. "Come on, get in." Jack J. says. I open the back door and climb in. Sam's back there too.

"So, why exactly are you driving when it's so nice out?" I ask. I know that all three of the guys like to walk to school, so I'm kind of confused.

"We have basketball after school, and I don't think that any of us are going to want to walk home after that." Sam says.

"It sucks that you guys have practice on Fridays."

"Yeah, but the big game is next week, so we need the practice."

When we get to school, Jack walks me to my locker. After we talk for a minute, he leaves to go to his locker. As I'm putting in my combination, somebody comes up beside me. I turn to see Tony Fuller.

I don't really know Tony that well, but he seems like a jerk. I have second period with him, which sucks because that is one of the only classes that I don't have with any of the guys or Mahogany. Tony has hit on me a few times, but I want nothing to do with him. The day I date him is the day that Taylor aces a chemistry test.

"What's up, Charlotte?" He's says with a smirk on his face.

"What do you want Tony?"

"Nothing. Just wanted to talk to you. It's not every day that we get a hot new girl at our school." He's obviously trying to flirt with me, but he isn't succeeding.

"Yep, that's great." I say sarcastically, turning to leave. But, as I'm walking, I feel Tony grab my wrist and pull me back.

"I don't think I was done." He seems a little annoyed now.

"Well I was." I try to leave, but Tony just grabs my wrist again.

"You're not going anywhere." He says, holding me against a locker. I'm a little scared now. I know Tony's a jerk, but I didn't know he acted like this. The look he's giving me tells me that he's pissed, and I can't help but think that he's going to hit me. Just then, I hear someone call Tony's name from down the hall. I turn to see Cameron and Shawn walking towards us. I can tell they're angry. Tony releases his grip on me and turns to face Cameron and Shawn.

"What the hell do you think you're doing?" Cameron asks Tony, his voice slightly raised. I'm having a hard time processing what is going on.

"Me and Charlotte were just having a conversation." Tony responds as if nothing happened.

"Oh please, cut the crap Tony." Shawn says. I've never seen any of the guys mad, so I'm a little surprised by this.

"What? Am I not allowed to talk to her?" Tony says, obviously angry and annoyed. By this point, Cameron, Shawn, and Tony are all kind of yelling and people are starting to stare.

Cameron and Tony continue to argue while Shawn takes me to my chemistry class. When we walk in, Shawn takes me over to Taylor and Matt. He whispers something in their ears, and I know it's about what just happened in the hallway. He smiles at me then turns to leave. I know it would annoy most people, but I'm actually glad that I have friends that like to get involved in my business. Who knows what would've happened if Shawn and Cameron didn't see me and Tony in the hallway.

"You alright, Charlotte?" Taylor asks. It's kind of weird to see Matt and Taylor being serious and worried. They are usually almost always smiling and laughing.