Chapter 29

Jack's POV:

We walk into the kitchen, Charlotte still not letting go of my hand. I don't mind though. It makes me feel better knowing that she likes being close to me.

"Did you eat dinner before we left?" She asks, releasing my hand and going to the fridge.

"No, did you?"

"Nope, and I'm starving." She says putting her hand on her stomach.

"I am too. Maybe we should just order pizza." I suggest.

"That's the best idea you've had so far." She says jokingly.

Charlotte goes into the other room while she orders the pizza. I wander around her kitchen, approaching the fridge to look at the pictures hanging on it.

I scan over them and see a bunch of pictures of Charlotte when she was younger with girls that I'm guessing were her friends at an old school. I stop when I see a picture of her and a boy.

The picture shows Charlotte, maybe a year or two ago, with a guy who looks just a little bit older than us. His arm is slung around her shoulder and they're looking at eachother, laughing.

I don't know why, but for some reason, this picture bothers me. I guess it's making me jealous to see Charlotte with a guy like this. Is this Charlotte and one of her old boyfriends?

No, it can't be. Charlotte told me that she's never had a boyfriend before. She wouldn't lie to me, would she?

Just then, Charlotte walks back into the kitchen. "Alright, the pizza should be here in about twenty minutes." She says as she sets the phone down on the counter.

"So who is this in the picture with you?" I say as casually as possible, pointing to the picture on the fridge.

"Why?" She asks, her facial expression confused.

"I just wanna know."

"But why do you want to know? I mean, there are a ton of pictures up there, so why do you want to know about that one?" She asks.

"I just wanna know, alright?!?" I say a lot louder than I meant to. It's really bothering me that she won't tell me.

"Jack, that's my brother."

Wow. I feel like an idiot. I got jealous over Charlotte and her brother. How big of a jerk can I be.

"Oh..." I say.

"I just don't understand why-" she stops, "Wait, Jack, you thought that was my boyfriend, didn't you?" She says with a huge smirk on her face.

"No." I say turning away to hide my embarrassment.

"Jack Gilinsky, you were jealous." Charlotte says with a huge smile, laughing a little.

I feel my cheeks turn red. I feel like a total douche right now, and it just gives Charlotte something to make fun of me for.

"Jack, don't be embarrassed." Charlotte says coming toward me. She wraps her arms around my neck. "I think it's cute that you got jealous."

I laugh a little, not as embarrassed anymore.

"I love you." She says, giving me a peck on the lips. I think it's kind of weird how comfortable we are with saying that now. I guess that when you say it the first time, you pass some sort of invisible boundary, making it easier to say again.

"I love you, too." I say.

Charlotte takes my hand and leads me into the living room. We sit on the couch as Charlotte grabs the remote. "What movie do you wanna watch? And it cannot be scary." She says with extra emphasis on the "cannot".

"Have you seen Ted?" I ask. She shakes her head. "Okay, then we have to watch it."

She goes onto Netflix and selects Ted. Right before it starts, the doorbell rings, telling us that the pizza is here. "I got it."

"Okay, the money's on the table by the door." She says as I get up.

I open the door and take the pizza from the delivery man. "That will be $10.50" he says.

I know Charlotte told me to use the money on the table, but instead, I reach into my pocket and pull out fifteen bucks. "Here." I say, handing him the money and closing the door.

I walk over to Charlotte and set the pizza box down on the coffee table in front of her. "Did you seriously just use your own money to pay for that?" She says with a smile on her face, leaned back with her arms crossed.

"Well, you should've known that I wasn't going to let you pay when I volunteered to get it." I say, giving her a smirk.

"Jack Gilinsky, you are something else." She says

"But that's why you love me." I tease, giving Charlotte a kiss on the cheek. We lean back and start the movie. I put my arm around her shoulder as she lies her head on my chest. She tucks her feet off to the side to get closer to me.

We finish the pizza in less than twenty minutes. I love that Charlotte isn't one of those girls who eats a half a slice and then says she full. She ate almost half the pizza, and I think it's cool that she did.

We're just over half way through the movie when I notice that Charlotte's eyelids are getting drowsy. I laugh a little and direct my attention back towards the movie.

Fifteen minutes later, I look back at Charlotte. She's out cold. Her breathing is light, but I can feel her breath on my chest through my shirt.
She looks so content, and I love it when she looks like that.

Charlotte continues sleeping peacefully throughout the rest of the movie, and it isn't long before I follow in her path.

-----------------

A/n:

So I did a double update because I haven't updated for a few days and the last chapter was kind of short.

Anyways, I hope you guys like it