Chapter 40

Jack's POV:

So far, today has been awful. Charlotte completely ignored me. She wouldn't even look at me. It was like torture for me. And it's even worse knowing that I caused it.

But, I'm hoping that tonight changes everything. The plan seems pretty full proof to me. Besides, Hayes has never come up with and idea that didn't work.

Johnson's walking home with Charlotte to make sure that she's in a decent mood. He's also making sure that she's free tonight. It would be a lost cause if she couldn't even be there.

I made sure I left school quickly so that Charlotte wouldn't see me. I go straight home and grab my clothes for tonight and go over to Johnson's house.

I go inside and sit on his couch, waiting for him to get there. When he finally does, he we go straight down to the basement.

Everything is just as we left it yesterday. I know that Charlotte is going to love it. "So, you guys are really going to make dinner?" I ask Johnson. I know that none of the guys, not even Mahogany, can cook.

"Sort of. Cam's sister is coming over to help. She's probably going to do most of the work." Johnson laughs.

"Good. I don't think that burnt food is going to impress Charlotte. Hey, how are you going to get her here anyways?"

"I just told her that the guys were coming over later and that she should come. She said she would as long as you weren't there."

"Well, she's in for a big surprise." I say, running my hand through my hair.

"Okay, dude, you need a shower before tonight." Johnson says, plugging his nose jokingly.

"Haha, very funny." I say sarcastically. "But yeah, I'll just take one here."

A few seconds later, Sam comes down the stairs. "Okay, Cameron and his sister will be here in a half hour. The rest of the guys are just showing up whenever." He says.

"Okay, then I guess I'll just go get a shower now." I say, going back upstairs. I grab my clothes and head up to Johnson's room. I throw my stuff on a chair and go into the bathroom.

After, my shower, I throw on the clothes I was wearing earlier. I don't think I should change into my other clothes just yet.

I go downstairs and see that Cameron and his sister, Sierra, are here. Sierra's already working on dinner and Cam, Johnson, and Sam are helping. "Hey, there he is!" Cam says as I walk into the kitchen.

"So, what are you guys making?" I ask walking over to Sierra to see what it is that she's chopping in front of her.

"Steak, mashed potatoes and green beans." She says. Of course that's what we're having. That's what me and Charlotte had on our first date.

"Thanks for doing this Sierra." I say.

"Hey, no problem. I'm happy to help." She says.

"Oh yeah, thank her but not your friends who spent the whole damn day yesterday putting it all together." Cameron says sarcastically.

"Thanks for all your help, Cam." I say, the sarcasm in my voice just as obvious as his was.

Over the next hour few hours, the guys all eventually show up. My nerves build up as it gets close to seven. I'm now fully dressed in a tux as I pace anxiously in the basement. Now, all I have to do is wait.

Charlotte's POV:

It's almost seven, so I should leave for Johnson's soon. It will be nice to hang out with the guys without thinking about him...

I don't change or anything. After all, we are just hanging out.

I walk out my front door and onto the sidewalk. As I do, I hear a car honk from behind me, causing me to jump. I turn around to see Taylor and Shawn. "Hey, need a ride?" Taylor calls from the drivers side window.

I smile and roll my eyes at them, walking towards the car.

"Hey guys." I say as I get in the backseat.

"Hey Charlotte," Shawn says turning around. "I didn't really see much of you today."

"Yeah," I say. I kind of stayed low at school today. I knew most people knew about what happened with me and Jack, and I didn't want to have to face that.

We pull into Johnson's driveway and I get out. It probably would've been just as quick to walk, but I don't care.

I walk in behind Taylor and Shawn. The guys are all sitting on the couch in the living room watching tv. They all look really happy when they see me, and I don't understand why. Maybe it's just because I haven't really talked to any of them in the past two days.

As I walk over to them, I notice that it smells different in here. "Did you guys make something? It smells really good in here." I say.

They all look at eachother quickly. Suddenly, Johnson speaks up. "I think that my mom put something in the oven. That's probably it."

This seems kind of weird considering I didn't think his parents were home, but I don't think anything of it.

"Hey Charlotte, have you seen the new entertainment system in the basement?" Carter asks. "It's really cool. Johnson, why don't you show it to her?"

The way that Carter says this seems a little suspicious, but I look past it.

"Sure. Come on Charlotte." Johnson says, pushing me in front of him. I walk down the stairs with Johnson trailing behind me. I open the door to the basement and walk in. When I turn around to look at Johnson, he slams the door shut.

I'm so confused as to what just happened. I try to open the door, but it's locked. "Johnson, open the door!" I say, banging my fists against the wood.

I give up after about thirty seconds. I turn around and face the rest of the room. My heart stops when I see him standing in front of me.

----------------

A/n:

JACK YOU SLY DOG.

I honestly have been waiting to write these next chapters but I've been really busy lately. But I have a three day weekend this weekend so I have more time.

I should update again by Monday. If I have enough time, then I might update two more times before I go back to school on Tuesday. Guess we just gotta wait and see.