Chapter 54

Once again, I find myself speechless. I want to cry, but no tears are coming out. This has been happening way too much lately. That's only because so much has happened. In the past two months, I've moved halfway across the country to a new school where I didn't know anybody, met some of the best friends a girl could ask for, fell in love with one of them and started dating him, and have had my heart broken, only to find out that it was just some misunderstanding. Now, I'm on the verge of losing that same person.

I eventually find the words that had escaped my brain before.

"Is he okay?"

"Well," Jack's dad starts, "we aren't exactly sure. We haven't heard much from the doctor. all that we know is that he was taken to the ICU."

I nod, not exactly sure what to say. I mean, I know that Jacks my boyfriend and I love him, but these are his parents. They've been raising him his whole life. If Jack was gone, then it would be harder on them then it would be for me. The only reason they've been keeping a strong face is because of me. They probably don't want me to have a mental breakdown.

Just then, a doctor walks out and motions for Jack's parents to follow him. "Mr. and Mrs. Gilinsky, a word please."

They get up and follow him, leaving me alone. I debate on whether or not I should eavesdrop on them, but. I decide not to. I don't think that I want to hear it from a doctor.

A million thoughts start to run through my mind, but I try my best to ignore them. I don't want to believe anything until I know the truth.

My thoughts are interrupted by footsteps approaching me. I expect to see Mr. and Mrs. Gilinsky, but I don't. It's the next best thing. Jack Johnson.

I get up right away and jump into his arms. He wraps them tight around me and I do the same for him.

"Oh my gosh, I'm so happy you're okay." he says into my hair.

I pull away slightly to look at him. "Why wouldn't I be okay?" I say, slightly confused.

"Well, we all thought that you and Jack were together when it happened, so I didn't know if you were okay."

"No, I'm fine. I'm fine." I say, pulling Johnsom back into a tight hug.

When we eventually pull away, we sit down next to eachother. "So, have you heard from the doctor?" he asks.

"No, but Jack's parents are talking to him right now. He's in the ICU."

"I can't believe this happened." He says, putting his head in his hands.

"Jack, calm down. It might not be that serious." I say calmly.

"If it wasn't that serious then would he be in the ICU?" he says, looking me in the eyes. "And besides, you never call me Jack unless we're in a serious situation."

I know that he's right. I know that this is going to be bad. But, admitting it to myself pushes me over the edge. The next thing I know, I'm sobbing into my hands. I finally found the tears that wouldn't show up earlier.

"Hey, hey calm down." Jack says gently as he wraps an arm around me. "It's gonna be alright."

"You don't know that." I say through the tears. "You don't know what's gonna happen. For all we know, he might be dead right now. And you said so yourself, he wouldn't be where he is if it wasn't that bad."

I don't look up at Jack to see his face, I just keep my head in my hands. I hear him sigh in defeat.

"You're right Charlotte, I don't know what's gonna happen. But, there's nothing we can do. We can't change what happened, and thinking about the worst case scenario won't help. We just have to hope that he's alright. And if I know Jack, then he's not going down without a fight."

I hear his voice crack at the last part, and I look up to see tears forming in his eyes. Seeing any of the guys cry like this shatters my heart. They're always so strong and calm in bad situations, so seeing them like this makes me feel like there's no hope at all.

I know that Johnson can sense this. He smiles slightly, reaching over to wipe the tears off of my face. "Everything happens for a reason."

I calm down a little bit from this gesture. He's right though, there's nothing we can do. I only hope that he'll be okay.

Johsnon and I sit in silence for a few minutes, my head resting on his shoulder. We bolt upright once we see Mr. and Mrs. Gilinsky enter from the hallway. They come and sit in the seats across from us, and I can tell that they are trying their best to be strong.

"Jack, I'm glad you're here." Mrs. Gilisnky says to Jack J., "I think you should be here for this.

"Okay," Mr. Gilisnky starts, "So Jack's injuries are pretty bad. They've done a few x-Rays and tests, and apparently he has a broken rib, jaw, and hand, and his foot is sprained pretty bad. As for brain damage, there isn't much, but the impact was hard enough to knock him out. Right now, he's in a coma."

"Wait, what?" I ask, not sure that I heard him right. "Did you say Jacks in a coma?"

Both of Jacks parents nod their heads.

"Well, is it bad? How long did they say he would be out?" Jack J. asks.

"Well, they aren't sure. It's hard to tell this early on. But, they said that there's a fifty percent chance that he won't wake up at all."

Please tell me this is just a dream. Please tell me this isn't real life. I try pinching myself hoping that I might wake up in my bedroom, but it doesn't happen. I'm stuck here, and now I have to face this.

I look over and see tears in Mrs. Gilinsky's eyes. I can't imagine how bad this must feel for her. I look to my left to see Jacks face. It's comletely blank.

This just doesn't feel real. I'm still trying to convince myself that this is some nightmare, but I know that it's not.

I feel as if my insides are falling apart. I can't think straight, and my breath keeps catching in my throat. My heart actually hurts. I didn't think it was possible, but I guess that it is.

-----------------

A/n:

This is the exact representation of like every single fanfic ever

But I don't care

I'm trying my best to write as much as I can, but I've had writers block lately and it's getting harder

I think I'll update again by next weekend, but don't expect anything before then

Love you guys💗