Chapter 30

Jack's POV:

*One week later

So today is Charlotte's birthday. I can't describe how excited I am for tonight. I've been planning this for a few weeks now, and I need it to be perfect.

After a long day of shopping last Sunday, I finally picked out a gift for Charlotte. I didn't even need my mom to tell me what she thought Charlotte would like. When I saw that necklace, I knew I had to get it for her.

As I walk to school with Charlotte, I try my best to act casual. I'm not usually one to easily give up a secret, but I need to be as vague as possible when it comes to this.

"So, Charlotte, you ready for tonight?" I haven't really told Charlotte that I have plans for tonight, so I should probably do it now.

"What exactly is tonight?"

"We're doing something for your birthday."

"That's sweet Jack, but I don't know if my parents have anything planned."

"I already talked to your parents. They know exactly what's going on." I told Charlotte's parents what I had planned for tonight. The guys know too, but I might regret telling them. Knowing the guys, they're probably going to tell her on accident.

"Okay, so let me guess. It's another one of your famous surprises." She says smiling at me.

"You know me so well." This makes her laugh. "There's no way I would tell you when it's your birthday."

"Yeah I should've known that."

We walk into the school, hand in hand. As we part ways, I try my best to think about something else, but all I can think about is what's going to happen tonight.

-----------------

Charlotte's POV:

When I get home, I walk in to find my mom and dad in the kitchen. My parents don't usually get home until around 6, so having them here at 3 is rare.

Since they know Jack is picking me up around 7, they take the time to celebrate with me now. It's not much considering it's just the three of us, but it's nice being with my parents.

We have some cake and I open a few presents. I got a new pair pair of both Toms and Vans, a new tv for my room, and a few gift cards from relatives. When we finally finish, it's already five.

Jack told me to dress casual, so I don't have to do much. I go upstairs and turn on the shower in my bathroom. I shower pretty quickly and go back into my room.

I dry my hair and decide to just put it up in a ponytail. I put on a sweatshirt and a pair of jean shorts with my new vans. It's only 6 by now, so I get my dad to hook up the tv in my room. After he's done, I just watch whatever comes on until I hear the doorbell ring.

I rush downstairs, almost tripping over my own feet. When I get to the door, I see Jack and my dad talking about who knows what. "There she is." My dad says when he sees me.

"You ready?" Jack asks.

"Yep." I say as Jack takes my hand.

"You two have fun." My dad says as we walk towards the car.

Jack opens the door for me and let's go of my hand as I get in. He runs around to the other side and gets in.

"So I'm guessing that we aren't going out to dinner considering you told me to dress like this." I say motioning to my outfit.

"No, a birthday dinner is too cliche. I wanted to do something else." He says, not taking his eyes off the road.

I don't do much talking. My thoughts consume me for the rest of the ride. Part of it is me trying to figure out where we're going. The other part is thinking about Tony.

I know that I should just let it go, but I can't. I have second period with Tony, so it's kind of hard to ignore him. Especially considering that I'm pretty sure he stares at me most of the time. Jack still doesn't know that I have class with Tony. I don't want him to worry and stress about it, so I decided not to tell him.

I eventually ditch the thoughts of Tony and try to enjoy the ride. But, a minute later, Jack pulls off to the side of the road.

I know exactly where we are. Jack's taking me back to his little getaway. I honestly couldn't be happier. I absolutely love it here, and I love it even more knowing that I'm the only person that knows about it, not including his sisters.

"I think I've figured out the surprise." I say with a huge smile as I walk over to Jack.

"Not completely." He says, grinning. "I'm gonna have to blindfold you again." He takes a bandana out of his pocket and holds it up.

"Isn't that Taylor's bandana?" I ask. I would recognize it anywhere.

"Yeah, he left it at my house. Just don't tell him. He would kill me if he knew I used it." Jack says as he ties it around my head.

"So you expect me to walk through the woods for ten minutes blindfolded?"

"No, I'm gonna carry you."

I laugh at Jack's offer. "Jack, there is no way I'm letting you carry me for ten minutes."

"Well, that's too bad." Jack says as he scoops me up in his arms.

Most of the time consists of me demanding that Jack puts me down. But, he doesn't listen.

After what only seems like a few minutes, Jack sets me down again.

"Ok, now open."