Chapter 48

Charlotte's POV:

I walk into French class on Monday and take a seat next to Mahogany and Nash. I haven't really seen any if the guys at all this weekend except for Jack, so it's nice having classes with them.

"So, I heard that Jack hit it off with your brother." Nash says.

"Yeah, they seemed to really like eachother. If I didn't know any better, then I would say my brother was trying to steal my boyfriend." I say, giggling a little.

The bell rings just seconds later and our teacher starts talking. "Okay class, today I'm going to be assigning you a project." Great.

"It's a partner project and I will be assigning partners." Even better (note the sarcasm).

The teacher reads through the list of partners. After what seems like decades, she says my name. "Charlotte you will be with Bryan."

I turn to see my partner smiling at me. I know Bryan pretty well. He has blonde-brown hair and blue eyes. He's pretty much a typical teenage boy. His locker is a few away from mine and we talk a lot in the mornings. We've never really hung out outside of school, but I guess you could say we're friends.

"Okay class, you have the rest of the period to work."

Nash and Mahogany both walk over to meet their partners while Bryan walks over to me. "Hey." He smiles as he takes the seat next to me.

"Hey. So, we only have a week to do this project. We're probably going to have to meet up after school sometime." I say.

"Okay. I think any day is good for me except for this weekend."

"That's fine. Maybe we could start tonight? I just wanna get this project over with as soon as possible."

Bryan nods at me and we start to plan it out. We're gonna work on it a few times this week since it's do next Monday.

After about forty minutes of work, the bell rings. I stand up and face Bryan. "So I'll meet you out front after school and we can go to my house." He says.

"Sounds good. See ya later." I say walking out of class. French is my second to last class of the day, so I head to my final period class, biology.

Aaron, Cameron, and Shawn are in this class with me, so I go and sit down in between them. As usual, the class consists of us taking notes off of the board and the teacher lecturing us. By the end of class, my hand is cramping and I have three new pages of notes. The only good part about this class is that we get to actually interact with the animals that are kept in terrariums and cages around the room.

I walk out the front doors of school after the bell rings and I see Bryan sitting on the edge of the fountain on his phone.

I start to make my way over to him when I'm pulled backward by two hands on my hips. "There you are." Jack whispers in my ear, causing me to get goosebumps.

I turn around and lightly kiss him on the lips. "So, I have to work on a project so I can't hang out tonight." I say.

"Oh, okay. Who are you working on it with?"

"Bryan." I say, pointing to my partner who is still on his phone.

"Oh," Jack says, looking a little uncomfortable. I'm pretty sure that Jack didn't even know Bryan existed until now, and it seems like he's bothered by the fact that I have to work on a project with him.

"Jack, are you seriously going to do this again?" I ask with my hands in my hips.

"Do what?"

"Get jealous. You seem to get uncomfortable when I hang out with other guys and I don't like it."

"I don't do that." He says, defending himself.

"Yes you do, and I would appreciate it if you could please not do it this time. I've known Bryan about as long as I've known you and he's a nice guy, you don't have to be worried." I say.

Jack looks down and sighs. "Fine," he says, "as long as I get to see you tomorrow."

"You will, don't worry." I say kissing his cheek and turning towards where Bryan is. I walk to him and he looks up when I get there. "Hey," he says, putting his phone in his pocket.

We walk to his car and I get in the front. He gets in the driver's seat and starts the car. I automatically start to scroll thought the radio stations.

My hand immediately stops when I hear one of my favorite songs. "Whatever She's Got" by David Nail. Like I said before, I like country.

"OH MY GOD I LOVE THIS SONG!" Bryan screams. I laugh as we both start singing.

Our voices stay at a normal volume until it gets to the chorus. That's when it gets a little crazy.

"SHE'S GOT THE BLUE JEANS PAINTED ON TIGHT THAT EVERYBODY WANTS ON A SATURDAY NIGHT"

Bryan and I both continue to sing like that until the song ends. We burst out in laughter.

"I swear, you are one of the only girls at this school who likes country music." Bryan says once we've calmed down.

"Well, I was raised with it, so I have to like it. You're the only other person in this town that I know that likes it." I say.

"Yeah, most people around here tend to stay more on the pop side of music." He says as we pull into what I'm assuming to be his driveway.

I step out of the car and take a look at his house. It's pretty big. Bryan must read my shocked expression because he speaks up.

"I have five siblings, so it was either get a big house, or squeeze us all into two bedrooms." He jokes. I laugh as we go inside.

After we grab a snack, we go up to Bryan's room. His room isn't much bigger than mine, but mine is already huge.

We know that we need to work on this

project, so we get started right away.

---------------

About two hours later, Bryan and I decide to be done for the day. We're going to get together again on Wednesday and Thursday, but for now, we're just going to relax.

We kind of just hang out and talk for a while. I eventually decide that I should go ahead and go home. "I guess I should get going," I say, standing up.

"Here, I'll drive you home." Bryan says, leading me out the door.

"That's nice, but you really don't have to." I say, not wanting Bryan to have to do this for me. I'm sure he would much rather stay here.

"Charlotte, I want to. And besides, you live like ten miles away. I can't believe you thought that I would let you walk." He smirks as we walk to the car.

After about fifteen minutes, I'm back at my house. "Thanks for the ride." I say as I get out of the car."

"No problem. See ya tomorrow, Charlotte." He says, pulling out of my driveway.

I think I just made a new friend.

-------------

A/n: Ok so I know that the story has been pretty boring lately, but it's getting somewhere.

Anyways, the chapters are going to be getting longer now, so be ready. I know that there's not nearly enough drama yet, but I'm trying to add more in.