Chapter 46

Jack's POV-

The school week went on pretty normally. People finally stopped talking about what had happened between me and Charlotte. I don't get why they were talking in the first place. We got back together, so they really shouldn't care.

I kept the same normal routine every day. I walked/drove to school with Charlotte, Johnson, and Sam, went to all my usual classes, and went back home with Charlotte. But, it seemed to drag on forever. I honestly thought I wouldn't live to see Friday. But, here I am.

I didn't really do that much today. After school, me and Charlotte hung out. Charlotte went over to Cameron's house with the guys after a while. I ended up going home because I felt like I was going to throw up. I guess that's what I get for drinking that gross concoction that Taylor made at lunch. But hey, I got twenty dollars for doing it, so it was worth it.

Ever since then, I've just been laying at home in bed, playing on my phone with the tv on in the background. Charlotte wanted to be with me until I felt better, but insisted she went with the guys. If I have some sort of virus, I don't want her catching it. And I don't want her to have to miss out on anything because of me.

My thoughts are interrupted by my phone vibrating.

Charlotte: Hey, you feeling better?

I smile when I read it. She cares about me so much, just not nearly as much as I care about her.

Me: Yeah but I still feel sick are you and the guys having fun?

Charlotte: The guys are, it's no fun for me without you here :( I miss you

Me: I miss you too, but I'll see you tomorrow for dinner ;)

Charlotte: Can't wait :)

I turn off my phone and look back towards the tv. I can't believe that I almost forgot about dinner with Charlotte's family tomorrow. But, I remembered, so that's all that matters.

So, I'm supposed to meet Charlotte's brother tomorrow. I have no clue whether I should be nervous or not. Charlotte's told me a lot about her brother, and he seems like a really good guy. But, I don't know how he'll feel about me. What if he doesn't like me? Would he make Charlotte break up with me?

No, he wouldn't do that, would he? I mean, he can't just tell Charlotte what to do and she'll listen, right?

Wow, I'm really overthinking this. I've been doing that to a lot of things lately. I feel like ever since I've met Charlotte, I've been more cautious of things. It's usually a good thing, but not always.

I look over at my clock and see that it's already ten. I don't really want to go to sleep yet, but I can feel my eyelids getting heavier by the second. Within a few minutes, I fall asleep with the tv on in front on me.

------------------------------------------

I stand in front of my mirror, looking myself up and down to make sure I look alright. I'm getting ready to go over to Charlotte's house for dinner, so I need to make sure that I look presentable enough for her brother.

Charlotte told me to dress nice, but not too nice. Actually, she picked out the outfit earlier this week, so it made it a lot easier for me. So, I'm wearing a dark red-brown polo shirt with khaki shorts.

I take one last look in the mirror and run a comb through my hair quickly before grabbing my phone and heading towards my door. I walk down my stairs and out my front door, shouting a goodbye to my parents so that they know I'm leaving. I walk out onto the sidewalk with confidence and make my way towards Charlotte's house.

I'm getting pretty anxious to get there as quick as I can. I haven't seen Charlotte all day because she spent a lot of it at the airport waiting for her brothers plane. I really hate having to go too long without her. I always feel so much better when she's with me.

I made my way up her driveway and towards her front door. My finger pushed down on the doorbell and within seconds, the most beautiful girl I've ever seen was standing right in front of me.

"I missed you." Charlotte says, reaching out and wrapping her arms around me. It feels like it's been a lifetime since I've held her like this.

"I missed you, too." I say, kissing the top of her head. She pulls away from me and leads me into her kitchen where her parents are.

"Hi Jack." Charlotte's mother says as I enter.

"Hi Mrs. Williamson, how are you?"

"I'm good, thank you." She says as she starts setting the table.

"So, Jack, you're finally going to meet Caleb." Charlotte's father says.

"Yeah, where is he anyways?" I ask, my nerves building up with every second that passes.

"He's upstairs taking a shower. He should be down any minute."

I nod and take a seat next to Charlotte on the stool at the island. I make small talk with her parents for a few minutes until I hear footsteps coming down the stairs. I watch a shadow appears on the wall and a figure approaches.

Here goes nothing.

-------------

A/n:

Gosh Jack, calm down

It's just her brother, not the president

I've never understood why guys get so nervous about meeting the dads and brothers like they're just people ya'll need to calm down

So I think I'll probably update again tomorrow and maybe once again before next weekend but idk