Chapter 59

I walk out of the hospital room as quick as I can, trying to rid my face of the tears. I knew that I wouldn't be able to handle it, and yet I still went in. Just goes to show how much of a dumbass I really am.

I turn a corner to go back to the waiting room, but I'm stopped when I run into somebody. I look up to thankfully see that it's Johnson.

"Woah, slow down. You're gonna knock somebody down." He says with a slight smirk on his face.

"I'm sorry, I'm just a little out of it right now." I say, running my hands through my knotted hair.

"It's fine. But the doctors said that only one more visitor was allowed so the rest of the guys went home. I think I am too after I see him."

"Oh, okay."

"Charlotte, I think you should go home too." he tells me.

"What? Why?" I ask.

"Well, it's obvious that you haven't gotten much sleep in the past few days with all that's been going on with school and it isn't healthy. And besides,we still have school tomorrow."

"I'm fine, okay? And besides, I don't think I'm going to school tomorrow anyways." I mutter the last part.

"Listen Charlotte. I know that you don't want to leave him here alone, and neither do I, but you can't just put your whole life on hold because of this. The rest of the world is still going on and you need to keep up with it."

"I can't believe you'd say that when you're best friend is in the hospital." I snap at him as I turn to walk to the waiting room.

"Don't you think that's what Jack wants you to do? Do you really think that he wants you to stay here when there are other things that you need to be doing?" He calls after me.

I ignore his questions. I just go right back to the waiting room where I was before. And Johnson was right. Everybody left. There's not a single person here. I don't know where Jacks parents are, but they definitely didn't go home. They're probably just talking to the doctors again.

I collapse into my chair as I look around. Once again, I find myself all alone. There's no one here to comfort me, no one to hold me, no one to tell me that everything's okay. I was so stupid to think that this would stop happening after I moved here. Things like that aren't going to change. I just wish I had known that before.

The urge is strong, but I refuse to cry. I won't give in again. Besides, it doesn't help anything. It just makes me more of a wimp. That's what I've done my whole life, and look how that worked out for me. It just made it harder for me to face the real world.

I get out my phone and see that I have multiple missed calls. Some are from my parents, some are from Bryan, and some are from Caleb. But, I know that they all know what happened. I know that Johnson called them all when we first got here because he knew that I wasn't going to any time soon.

I see that it's almost midnight now, but I don't really care. I'm not leaving any time soon. But, I decide to call my parents so that they know my plans. My mom picks up the phone and I tell her what all is going on right now, and even though she's reluctant to let me stay here all night, she eventually agrees, saying that she's coming down here first thing tomorrow morning.

After I hang up, I look up to see Johnson coming down the hallway. I don't say anything, I just watch him walk towards me and sit back in the chair next to me.

After a minute of quiet, I speak.

"I thought you were going home."

He just shrugs his shoulder and looks over at me. "I thought you would want some company." There's a small hint of a smile on his face, which always makes me feel better. But, I know that the real reason that he's staying is because of how bad Jack is. He didn't realize how bad it was until he saw it for himself. Well, at least he's here.

I just wish I could say the same for Jack.

-------------

A/n

Ok sorry for the short chapter guys but I really am trying

Since I have thanksgiving break I should be able to do another chapter this week

But just so you guys know I'm probably my ending this anytime soon I just have a lot of ideas that I wanna put in this so yeah we have a long time until it's over

And I know this isn't my best but I hope you guys like it