Chapter 50

Charlotte's POV:

Wow. I can't believe Jack. He actually came back to apologize to me. He blamed it all on himself when a lot of it was really on me. I don't understand why he thinks he doesn't deserve to be with me.

After we made up, Jack went back home because I still have to work on the project with Bryan.

We've gotten pretty far, but we aren't comletely finished. When we finally decide to call it quts for the night, it's about eight thirty.

"So, you and Jack are good now?" Bryan asks, leaning back on the couch. I really like being friends with him. It's like having another Johnson around, but I don't trust Bryan nearly as much as I do the guys.

"Yeah, he had this whole speech about how it was all his fault and how he overreacted. It was really sweet." I smile just thinking about Jack.

Bryan just nods his head. But, the look on his face tells me that he isn't completely satisfied.

"What's that look for?" I ask a little rudely.

He sighs. "It's just that I feel like Jack's going to do something to screw everything up and then you're going to have to face the pain from it."

It annoys me a little when he says this. A lot of people seem to think this and it really irritates me. "Well, that's not gonna happen." I say, dropping the subject.

Bryan and I hang out for a little bit. By hang out I mean we sit on the couch on our phones and occasionally speak. When I finally look over at Bryan, I see him looking at me.

"What?" I ask, giggling.

"Nothing, it's just... you are incredibly beautiful."

I blush a little and look away, trying to hide it. I don't do a very good job.

"Do you know how adorable you are when you blush?" Bryan asks, laughing. This just causes my cheeks to heat up even more.

"Well, I must say, you aren't that bad yourself." I say, giggling.

He chuckles a little bit. "Jack is so lucky to have you. I hope he knows that."

I smile at Bryan, admiring his comments. Usually if someone would say this stuff to me, I would think they were flirting. But, Bryan and I are just friends. He's obviously just being nice.

"Well, I'm gonna get going." He says, standing up.

I walk out the door with Bryan and out to his car. "So, same thing tomorrow?" I ask as he opens his door.

"Yeah, hopefully we'll actually finish."

I laugh a little. "Ok well, see ya tomorrow." I turn to walk back into the house when I'm stopped by Bryan's hand on my wrist.

"Charlotte, wait." He pleads. I turn around, confused by the urgency in his voice.

"What?"

"It's just...you know you can talk to me right? Like, if you ever need someone to talk to or just like a shoulder to cry on, I'm here for you."

I can't help but smile at his comment. How is it that almost every guy that I've met here cares about me more than I ever thought someone would?

I wrap my arms around Bryan's neck and hug him tightly. I don't think that he knows how much what he just said means to me.

"Thank you." I whisper in his ear.

"Anytime."

With that, we both pull away and Bryan gets into his car. I stand in the driveway and wave as he pulls out. I have a feeling that my next few years here are going to be great.