Chapter 55

It's only been a half hour since I've gotten the news, but for some reason I keep thinking that Jack will wake up any minute now. It feels like he's just going to walk right out here like nothing ever happened, but I know that's pretty much impossible right now.

Jack J. and I haven't moved from our spots in the waiting room. He's made some calls to a few people to tell them what happened, but that's about all either of us have done. Mr. and Mrs. Gilinsky are off somewhere filling out paper work and talking to doctors. Jack and I are the only ones here, so it's really quiet. That changes pretty quickly though. When I hear the door open, I look up to see some familiar faces. They are the faces of my best friends, the ones that always pick me up when I'm down and never let me give up. But none are nearly as happy as they usually are.

The first thing that the guys do when they see us are walk right up to me and Jack. We don't hesitate in standing up and making a group hug. It sounds so cliche, but when one of the most important people in your life is in the hospital, I think it's acceptable.

When we all pull away, I look around to see that many of the guys, including Mahogany and I, have tears in our eyes. I know that they would never let themselves cry in times like this, but as for Mahogany and I, it's another story.

Seconds later, we are holding eachother tight, trying desperately to be rid of tears that are pouring down our faces. "I can't -believe- this." Mahogany says between sobs.

I don't say anything. I just cry. That's all that I can do, after all.

I'm not sure how long we stand there like that, but it was long enough. When we step back, I sit back down in my chair. Matt has taken the empty seat beside me, and he won't even look up. He just keep playing with his thumbs.

Nobody else says anything. I can't imagine what they're thinking. They've all been friends since elementary school, so I can't imagine how bad this must be for them.

We sit there in silence for a while. I've never seen any of them be so quiet, and it almost scares me. I'm not good in these situations, so I always end up relying on others to make it better. I know. It's pathetic that I can't handle these things myself. But there's not much I can do now. Watching them act like this is so depressing, it's making me want to cry.

But I refuse. I will not cry again. I need to be strong. Johnson already said that crying wouldn't do anything, and he's right. So, I need to be strong.

I need to push through this, even if it kills me.

----------------------

A/n:

Sorry this was kind of a filler chapter

I know I haven't been updating much lately, but I'm falling behind on my school work and I'm trying to catch up

Anyways just so you guys know, this story might get to be a little more depressing so if you guys are sensitive to that kind of thing, then here's a warning

I would hate myself if somebody did something harmful because I wrote things that triggered them, so please keep that in mind

But I'll try to update again this weekend, but please don't be mad if I don't

Love you guys