Chapter 37

Jack's POV:

My eyes open to the sound of my phone buzzing on the table. I quickly reach over to grab, hoping it's from Charlotte. Nope. It's from Jack J.

Jack: Can u come over? We need to talk

Me: When?

Jack: Now

I don't really know what he wants to talk about. I mean, the last time he wanted to talk was when me and Charlotte-

Is that why he wants to talk? To tell me about what's been going on with Charlotte? At the thought of Charlotte, I jump out of bed and get dressed. In a minute, I'm running down the stairs and sprinting over to Jack's house.

When I get outside, I notice that most of the guys' cars are here. This must really be important.

I burst through the front door and head straight into his basement where I know they'll be.

I run down the stairs as fast as I can without tripping and open the door. I look around to see all the guys staring at me. Next thing I know, I'm pinned against the wall.

"What the fuck is wrong with you?!!" Sam screams in my face. Sam is almost never mad, so seeing him pin me against a wall and screaming catches me off guard.

"What are you talking about?"I yell, not nearly as loud as Sam.

"You know exactly what we're talking about!" Johnson says as he comes over to us. The rest of the guys soon join him.

"No! I don't!" I'm so confused. Why has my life suddenly turned into a big game of "Let's Confuse Jack!"?

"We know you've been hooking up with Leah." Nash says. He's not yelling, but the look on his face and the tone in his voice is making his point just as clearly.

I look around. All of the guys seem so pissed right now. Do they think that I've really been running around with Leah? They think I would do that to Charlotte? "You guys think I've been cheating on Charlotte?"

"Well, duh." Taylor says.

"Guys, I would never do that to Charlotte. Especially not with Leah." I say. Where did they get this idea? I swear, my whole life has just turned into some soap opera.

"Cut the crap, Jack," Shawn says. I've never seen Shawn angry before. I don't think I like it.

"I'm not lying! Why would you guys think that?" I say, starting to loose my cool.

"Oh please, Charlotte knows that you've been texting her. She saw the texts herself." Cameron says.

"Wait, Charlotte thinks I've been cheating on her?"

Before anybody can respond, the door swings open. Just my luck, it's Charlotte.

"Hey, Johnson, I was wondering-" she stops when she sees us. We must look pretty weird with me still pinned against the wall and everybody within inches from me.

When Charlotte sees me she looses it. Tears start to form in her eyes and she shakes her head as if this is all some crazy dream. Seconds later, she's bolting back up the stairs.

I yank away from Sam and run after her. I don't hear any of the guys following me, but I know they will be in just seconds. They are probably still trying to figure out what just happened.

I catch up to her as she's running down Jack's driveway. "Charlotte, stop. Please." I say. My voice is weak, but she still hears me. She reluctantly turns around to face me.

"Charlotte, I didn't cheat on you. You have to believe me."

"No. I don't wanna hear it Jack." She says, tears streaming down her face. The guys are now standing behind me on the porch, but they make no move to stop me.

"But Charlotte-"

"I don't wanna hear your lies!" She yells.

"I never hooked up with Leah. Anything that you've heard isn't true." I say gently.

"Stop lying!"

"I'm not lying, Charlotte! Why don't you believe me?" I'm yelling as well now.

"It's hard to believe someone after they broke your heart." It kills me to hear her say this. I broke her heart and didn't even know it.

"Charlotte, please listen to me."

"No! I can't stand it anymore! My whole life has been full of lies! I can't take anymore, especially not from you."

I feel my heart shatter as she says this. Is this why she acted the way she did when she moved here? Is this why she was scared to date me?

When I don't say anything, she starts to walk away. I want to go after her but I can't. I seem to have completely lost the ability to move my muscles.

I watch Charlotte go down the road crying. All I want to do is hold her and tell her that everything is alright, but I can't. I've lost her.

Eventually, I turn around and look at the guys. I can't tell what kind of expressions they have on, but at least they aren't angry anymore.

"Could you guys please listen to what I have to say before freaking out?" I ask. I see some of them nod their heads while others murmur some "sures".

We go back down into the basement and I sit on the couch. The guys all gather around and I explain everything. When I'm done. They all looked dumbfounded. "Well? Say something?" I need hear what they have to say.

"I'm so sorry Jack" Sam says, shaking his head in disbelief.

"I'm sorry. We should've listened to you in the first place." Shawn adds.

Everyone else take their turns saying what they want, except for Johnson. What he has to say means the most to me, so I just look at him, waiting for as response.

"Jack, we screwed up big time. I'm so sorry. I should've known you wouldn't do that to Charlotte. I mean, that's why I wasn't at the party. I was with Charlotte trying to calm her down. I can't tell you how awful I feel." He says. It makes me a little mad that he lied to me about being with Charlotte, but I know that I can't dwell on it.

"It's not your fault. You weren't the idiot that left your phone out for Charlotte to see."

"Jack, you're not an idiot." Johnson says. "Now, we just have to get Charlotte to realize it. I don't care how long it takes. We're gonna get Charlotte back."

-------------------

A/n:

So school starts next week

Kill me

I've had field hockey tryouts all week and they don't end until Friday and I'm just really tired.

But I'm not going to be updating as much when school starts because

1. I'm going to be stuck in a hellhole with people I hate for 8 hours

2. I'm going to have a crapload of homework

3.I have field hockey practice everyday after school so I won't get home until like 6

So sorry if I don't update nearly as much but I'll try