Chapter 52

Charlotte's POV:

"So he just left?" Bryan asks me as we sit on the couch.

"Well, yeah because I told him to."

Bryan sighs as he runs his fingers through his hair. "And you haven't called him yet?"

"No, but I doubt he would answer if I did. And besides, that was only like two hours ago." I say. Bryan just nods his head.

It's nice that I have people to talk to when stuff like this happens. It's not like Jack and I fight all the time, but whenever we do, either one of the guys, Mahogany, Caleb, or Bryan are always there for me.

"So, you think that you guys will be okay?" he asks.

"Yeah, I think so. We were both just caught up in the moment and didn't mean what we were saying."

"Well that's good. I think it would be kind of stupid for you guys to throw everything away just because of one stupid fight."

"Yeah, I know." I say, feeling slightly ashamed because I thought that Jack and I might've broken up because of this.

"So what was the fight about, anyways?" Bryan continues.

"I don't really remember, to be honest." I lie. I don't think that I want Bryan to know that the fight was about him. It's actually kind of embarrassing to me, and I don't want him to feel awkward.

"So,why do you think you guys have been fighting so much lately?"

"I don't know." I say. "I think it's just that we aren't in that happy new couple faze anymore. Now I think we've just become so attached that things get a little out of hand."

"Yeah, well I've never really had an actual conversation with Jack, but from what I know, he's not trying to make you upset on purpose. He just cares so much that he lets all of these little things get to him."

I nod at Bryan's words. I swear, this guy is like some wise hundred year old man trapped inside a seventeen year old body.

"Do you wanna do anything? You know, to get your mind off of it?" He asks.

I'm about to answer, when I'm interrupted by the phone ringing. I go over to answer it, and I know right away that this isn't just some ordinary phone call.

Jack's POV:

I swing my feet back and forth as they hang off the dock and over the water. When I left Charlotte's house, this is the first place I thought of. I mean, nobody's going to find me here. Except for maybe Charlotte, but I doubt she'll come looking.

I'm not sure how long I've been here. But, since the sun was burning bright when I came and now it's set, I'm assuming it been a while.

I feel so angry right now. Not at Charlotte though, at myself. It's my fault this happened, and now I'm just so pissed off.

I know that I need to apologize. Again.

I shouldn't have to be apologizing this much, mainly because we shouldn't be fighting this much. But I have no one to blame that on but myself. After all, it was stupid of me to believe what Tony said. There's no way that Charlotte would cheat on me. That's just not who she is.

I stand up, only to find that my foot is asleep. Goddammit. This has to be the single most annoying thing in the world right now. I honestly feel like these little things that irritate me so much only happen when I'm in a bad mood. I think I'm finally starting to understand why girls get so mad when they get their periods.

I make my way back through the woods towards my car. The walk that usually takes over ten minutes somehow only takes me five this time. I guess I was a lot more determined than I thought.

I get to my car and start the engine. Even the sound of the car is annoying me. I'm just so done with everything right now, all I want to do is see Charlotte.

I drive along the road through a small part of town. At least there are no other cars around to piss me off even more.

My eyes are focused dead on the road, until I notice something on top of the dashboard. I see a small white piece of paper and I'm not quite sure what it is.

Keeping my attention on the road, I reach my hand over the steering wheel and pick it up. I flip it over and remember exactly what it is.

It's the picture of me and Charlotte on our first date.

I approach a stop sign and stop the car, taking this opportunity to get my priorities straight.

I stare at picture. It seems like this was just taken yesterday, but it was really over a month ago.

We look so happy, like nothing could possibly destroy this relationship that was just starting to form. But all of that has changed.

What happened to us? All I want is for things to be like how they were before. I guess that if that's going to happen, then I'm going to have to change how I've been acting lately.

After a few minutes, I finally decide to get going again. I set the picture back on the dashboard and start the car again. Good thing nobody's around. I've been sitting here for way too long.

I drive through the intersection and approach a stop light a minute later. I look around at all of the closed stores and the desolate streets. This whole town just seems so lonely, but this is something I've only come to notice recently.

I look back up to see that the light has turned green, so I put my foot back on the gas petal. I watch as the dark stores slowly fall behind me and out of my sight.

That's the last thing I see before everything goes black.

--------------------

A/n:

So today has been crap

I'm falling behind on my school work and I found out that I now have a concussion

This is great

So now I can't play any sports and I feel really bad because I'm like letting my team down

Oh well. What are ya gonna do

Anyways, tomorrow my birthday and I'm not really excited

I mean, today was bad enough and I don't think tomorrow is gonna be any better

Oh well wish me luck guys