Chapter 61

Charlotte's POV:

Three days. Three days that I've been sitting in this hospital. Three days that I've done nothing but regret everything. Three days since the worst day of my life.

It's now Sunday (in case you didn't get that already), and I'm still having trouble processing all that's happened. I can tell that it's getting late, but it doesn't matter. I don't plan on going to school tomorrow anyways.

All of the guys are here now, so are Jack's parents. They've taken turns going home each night so that they don't have to stay at the hospital and so that they can get any clothes or things that they might need. Jack's sisters have come back from college, too. Last week was their final week of school, so they luckily are home for the summer now.

It's quiet. Nobody's talking right now. We've passed the point where any of us feel the need to say anything. But, Sam changes that quickly. "I think I'm gonna get going." he says standing up.

"Yeah, me too. We still have school tomorrow." Aaron states.

Everyone soon joins in, except for Jacks family, Johnson, and I. "Okay, we'll see you guys tomorrow." Johnson says to them. They all say goodbye to me, but I don't really respond. They should know better than to expect any reaction from me lately.

After they leave, Johnson turns back to me. "I think that you should go home too Charlotte." he says under his breath a little bit.

"Why?" I ask a little blankly.

"Well you haven't been home in three days, and you haven't slept since Friday. It's not healthy for you."

It's true. I've barely even seen any of my family since Thursday. And sleep hasn't been a priority of mine, so I haven't exactly been able too. But there's no way that I'm giving up that easily.

"You haven't been home either." I argue, trying to get out of doing what he says.

"Yes, but I'm going home tonight, and I've actually slept a decent amount in the past few days. And I plan on going to school tomorrow. I know that you're not though." He says, trying his best to be patient with me

I cross my arms, annoyed by his attempts. But, I guess he's right. It's best for me. "Fine," I finally give in.

"Okay, let's go." he says, getting out of his chair. Then he turns to Jack's parents and sisters. "We're gonna go too." He says to them.

"Okay, be safe driving home." Mrs. Gilinsky tells us. The next thing I know, Johnson is leading me out the door.

As we walk through the parking lot, I can't help but feel guilty for leaving. I feel like I should've said goodbye. But instead I just left Jack there. Alone.

.
.
.
Quick note: when I was writing this next part of the chapter I was listening to some of these songs
When Youre Gone- Ryan Star
Losing Your Memory- Ryan Star
Thief- Our Lady Peace
My Immortal-Evanescence

And warning: if you're sensitive to subjects like depression or even cutting please DO NOT read this next part or the next chapters.
.
.
.

We shortly arrive at my house where Johnson is dropping me off. I'm reluctant to get out of the car, but I do it anyways. "I'll see you tomorrow?" He asks me before I close the door.

"Yeah, whatever." I mumble as I shut the door. I then proceed to speed walk towards my front door. I can tell I had a very quick attitude adjustment on the way home. Now I just don't want to be near anybody.

I'm quiet as I come in. All of the lights are off, so I know that everyone's asleep. I make my way up to my bedroom and open the door.

It's only been a few days, but this whole setting feels like a different place to me. I guess things like these really do make you change.