Chapter 7

Jack's POV:

I sat on the edge of the water fountain in front of the school waiting for Charlotte with Johnson. She's been going to school here for about two weeks, and she is an amazing friend. I don't really get to see her a lot during the day. We only have two classes and lunch together, so of course I look forward to seeing her at the end of the day. Whenever she's around I just can't help but smile.

As Charlotte walked out the door, I stood up and waved so she could see me. She smiled and came over to me. "Hey," me and Johnson said simultaneously.

We started walking and talking about the most random things, as usual. Johnson kept telling Charlotte embarrassing things about me. Charlotte and I may be close, but Johnson will always be my best friend, so he'll always have to embarrass me.

"Oh, and don't ever get near him with snakes or spiders. He hates them." Johnson said to Charlotte, making her laugh.

"Yeah, I think that she's heard enough about me." I said, finally getting a little embarrassed. She could tell, too.

"Don't get embarrassed Jack, I get scared really easily." Charlotte said, holding that million dollar smile of hers. "Honestly, I can't watch a ghost movie without hiding behind blankets." I can't help but laugh at the thought of Charlotte watching a horror movie. She didn't really seem like the kind of girl to get scared easily.

When we got to Charlotte's house, Johnson decided to keep walking while I walked her to her front door. She got her keys out and unlocked the door. After she did, she turned to me. "Thanks for walking with me again, Jack."

"No problem." I said. We kind of just stood there for a minute, looking at eachother. For the first time, I actually took time to look at Charlotte's features. The sun gleamed off of her dark brown-auburn hair as I stared into her dark brown eyes.

Charlotte told that no boy has ever really liked her and she thinks it's because she's not pretty. I always thought that she was pretty, but, now that I actually look at her, I realize that she's beautiful. She doesn't wear any make up and she's prettier than almost every girl in our school.

Charlotte finally broke the silence. "Well, see ya tomorrow." She said, walking into her house and closing the door behind her.

As I walked the rest of the way home, I couldn't help but think about what just happened there. Charlotte is so different, and I think I finally realize why. She doesn't care about her looks. She's such a tomboy, but at the same time she can be girly. She doesn't wear makeup or a lot of flashy jewelry like other girls. I don't think I've seen her wear anything more than a simple pair of earrings. For the most part, she only wears t-shirts, while most other girls wear fancy shirts with t-shirts every once in a while. She doesn't really try to be anything or act a specific way. She's just Charlotte. Finally, I realize why Charlotte is so different after two weeks of trying to figure it out.

Wait. This is a problem. I'm not falling for Charlotte, am I? I told myself this wouldn't happen, that I didn't like her that way, but maybe I was wrong.

No. I don't like her that way. We're friends and nothing more. I was just caught in the moment, that's all. Charlotte and I have a great friendship, and I doubt that either of us are going to want to change that any time soon.

Some people at school have been talking about us, but I don't care what everybody else thinks. They can gossip all they want, but I'm not in a relationship with Charlotte. I'm not going to take chances and ruin one of the best friendships I've ever had, and that's that.

Charlotte's POV:

What just happened there? What just went on between Jack and me? It was really weird. He walked me to my door and we kind of just stared at eachother.

But, something was different. When I looked at Jack, I felt something. I felt some sort of connection between us that hasn't been there before. I pace around for a few minutes thinking about this. Luckily nobody's home.

Jack and I are great friends, not boyfriend and girlfriend. But, it almost seems like we've stepped over this imaginary line that neither of us even knew was there. I actually took time to look at Jack for once. I already knew he was attractive. Seriously, every girl in our grade has either dated him or wants to date him, except for me of course. But, when I looked at him, I saw him as a whole new kind of person, and it was weird.

I snap my self out of my thoughts. Me and Jack are just friends. Neither of us want to be in a relationship with the other, and it needs to stay that way. I can't take a chance on that. It would be stupid to just because of one moment like that. Besides, I doubt Jack felt anything. What's the point of a relationship if only one who is interested? I'm just being stupid and overthinking things, again. Tomorrow I'll see Jack and everything will be the way it had been for the last two weeks. Nothing is gonna change that.