Hoco is Coming! I Repeat, Hoco is Coming!

So, homecoming season is here. Get ready to hear hoco proposals every corner you turn.

If you are not in high school, let me tell you what homecoming is. Homecoming is where we have to gather in a huge stadium for 4 hours, freezing out butts off, while a bunch of dudes that look like they take steroids fight over a ball. Then the next day, girls and guys dress up and dance in over priced clothing.

Dressing up for hoco can be difficult. So girls, play it by ear. Sometimes hoco is really fancy, sometimes all you need is a cute dress you bought at forever 21. Guys too. Play it by ear. Suit or a nice button down, depends on what you feel like.

Dates are always a little tricky. Especially when your parents are involved. Some parents don't allow their kids to date, some due. It is no big deal. Going to homecoming alone is super normal, and going with a date is normal too. You don't have to worry.

Now, if you are bringing a date of the same gender of you, I advise you play it safe. Look around your surroundings. Is your school a good place for LGBTQA+ youth? If it is, hell yeah! Even try out for homecoming court.

But if it isn't, it's up to you. If you feel comfortable enough, then hell yeah. If you don't, then don't. Don't let anyone pressure you into doing something you don't want to do. Especially if your well being is involved.

Dancing at homecoming is also tricky. Do you really get into it? Do you keep it casual? CONGO LINE? Do whatever the hell type of dance you want (not the Macarena though). And for slow dancing, arms around the neck (don't choke) and arms around the waist.

Boom, you're a master at hoco dances.

Just don't have a seizure on the dance floor (it was drugs related, the girl is fine).

Have fun at hoco, look fantastic, and be amazing.