Chapter Eight

Jacob had been swept up by the staff straight after his performance, so Connie had no choice but to wait for him. She had told herself that she'd say yes, but she wanted to do it somewhere private, so she had to stall him until they were alone somewhere together. While she was thinking, she hadn't realised that Jacob had stepped in front of her. "Earth to sweet-cheeks," he smiled, waving his hand in front of her.

"Sorry, I was miles away."

"So what did you think?" Connie rolled her eyes, and bit her lip.

"I found it captivating, Jacob. I couldn't take my eyes off you," she purred.

"By the way you were holding on to my biceps, you didn't want to take your hands off me either."

She smiled, plainly because she was lost for words, and stood opposite Jacob for a good few seconds. He seemed amused, probably because he knew he was making her uncomfortable, so that's why Connie was extremely grateful when Charlie, Noel and Honey came up behind her.

"I'm off now, Connie. It's getting late, but it was great seeing you here. You should come more often."

"I think I'm going too," she admitted - she could leave Jacob desperate for another night. "Goodnight Charlie, Noel." She gave Charlie a hug, before giving one to Noel, and one to Honey.

"Night Mrs Beauchamp, and don't be a stranger." Noel added.

"I won't be, thank you." Charlie and the other staff began to walk out, so Connie picked up her bag from the table, and turned to Jacob.

"Mrs B, leaving already?"

"It seems so." She embraced him just like she had the other staff, but they lingered a little longer. His hands rested on the small of her back, and as she rose to her tip toes, they fell over her arse. She was able to reach his ear, and she gripped both of his bare arms, firstly to stable herself, but also to have one last feel of their skin against each other. She kissed his cheek, and nibbled his ear lobe lightly, before sinking back down and looking at him.

"Oh, you," he muttered, looking down into her eyes.

"Staff nurse Masters," she replied. Before she changed her mind, she turned on her heel, and walked out of the bar, leaving Jacob and heading home for one more night of longing, before she could finally claim her prize.