Chapter Eighteen

It seemed that they had moved in their sleep, as when Connie woke, she was facing the teddy bear, and Jacob's body was pressed up against her back. His arms were round her chest, covering her hands, and even his legs were tucked under hers. Every part of his skin was touching her, and she revelled in the feel of him so close. She held his large, muscly arm, and loved the way it protected her, and she tried her best to go back to sleep. She found that she couldn't, and that her mind was running crazy with different thoughts of Jacob. She moved very slowly to check the clock, and found that it was only five minutes past six - she'd only slept five minutes more than usual. With that, she rolled over to face Jacob, who was still sleeping, and pushed herself into his arms. She was known as the Clinical Lead with the tough exterior, but she knew now that all she'd ever needed was love. Jacob was so good at giving that to her, and she knew that she needed to pay him back at some point, but for now she allowed herself to feel loved in Jacob's protective hold.

When she woke later, she felt cold, and she realised that Jacob was no longer holding her. She sat up, and looked around, but she couldn't see him. He wasn't in the bathroom, as the door was open, and no water was running anyway. She was about to get out of bed when she heard the door creak open slowly.

"Good morning, princess," he whispered, carrying a tray of delicious-looking toast, and some tea. There was one rose which lay down the side of the tray, and she smiled fondly as Jacob set the tray on the bed. He whipped off his pants that he had clearly just put over his boxers so he could go out of the hotel room, and climbed back in to bed.

"Princess?" She asked, rubbing her eyes. "That's what I call Grace!"

"Well then," Jacob smiled, "that makes you my queen." Connie rolled her eyes at him though secretly she quite liked all the pet names. "Queen Connie from the Rye," he chuckled, and she slapped him lightly on his arm. She liked almost all of the pet names. Jacob had crawled in beside her again and she felt happier knowing that he was by her side. They sat and ate their toast together, laughing and joking, before Jacob got out of bed and offered his hand to Connie.

"Oh, do we have to get up yet?" She moaned, wanting to stay in their tranquility forever.

"We have somewhere to be at 10," he replied, and kissed Connie on the cheek.

"Where?" She asked, knowing for a fact that she wouldn't get an answer. Not to her surprise, Jacob smiled, and acted as if she hadn't said anything at all. She forced herself out of the bed, and she was first in the bathroom. She got herself ready, and changed into the "casual clothing" that he had bought for her, as she had been informed that she wouldn't need fancy clothing where he was planning to take her. In all honesty, she was looking forward to seeing his reaction when she stepped in front of him wearing a thin, white, camisole shirt, and a pair of tight ripped jeans. She didn't have long to wait, as once she'd got changed, it was only a few minutes before Jacob came out of the bathroom and into their room, and his pupils dilated at the sight of her.

"Oh dear God," he whispered, absolutely blinded by love for this incredible woman. "I thought you looked hot in your dress, but in that!" He was completely lost for words.

"I'm guessing you like it," she replied, a small grin resting on her lips.

"Like it?" He choked. "I love it!" He stepped towards her, wearing nothing but a towel around his waist, and picked her up in one, swift move. He swung her around, which caused his towel to loosen, so he put her down to refasten it.

"Why are you tightening your towel, Nurse Masters?" Connie purred, putting her hands over his to stop him fiddling. She wanted him so badly, and she didn't know how long she could wait. She tried to pull open his towel, but he stopped her, taking her hands away and looking deep into her eyes. She could see that he wanted it too.