Chapter Thirty Two

Really long chapter this time! I know a lot of you like the sexy stuff, so this is another of those chapters, but if you don't like it then I promise that another less-sexual chapter should be up soon in the near future :)

..he became really nervous as he found himself stood outside her door. He opened it, with a shaking hand, and was presented with a shocking sight...

Connie Beauchamp. Her arms were resting on the desk, on top of a high mound of paperwork, and her head was placed delicately on top, lolling very slightly to the left. The computer was on, and the bright blue glow was radiating from the screen, highlighting the perfect features of her face. She was asleep. Jacob smiled as he saw her there - peaceful, and calm - and stood watching her quietly for a number of seconds. He hadn't known her all  that long, but he guessed that she wasn't the type to sleep on the job. He moved over to where she was sat, and crouched down so that his shoulders were in line with the desk, and spun her around slowly on her office chair so that she was facing him. She still didn't wake, and he realised that she must have been knackered.

"Come on sweet cheeks," he muttered, more to himself than to her, and he draped her arms over his left shoulder. He took his right arm underneath her legs, and picked her up and out of the chair, and stood very slowly so not to wake her. The department was extremely quiet, and though it was still officially open, you wouldn't have been able to tell by looking at the people around. There must have been a maximum of three staff members that walked around the reception in the last ten minutes, and there was only one patient sat in the waiting area, waiting to be seen to for what looked like a broken leg. This meant that nobody was there to judge either Connie or Jacob, though he wouldn't have cared anyway, as when he walked back out of the ED after locking her office, and headed for his car, the only thing on his mind was the woman draped over his arms. She was beautiful, and Jacob would never get enough of her. He carried her to the car, and he placed some headphones over her ears to stop her from stirring in her sleep (he had picked up that trick in high school) while he drove. It worked, as the drive home was slow, smooth, and he could even hear faint rumbles coming from her mouth as she snored a little. Once he arrived back at her house, he unlocked the door, before scooping Connie up in his arms once more and carrying her inside. She might have been his bossy, tough, clinical lead, but when it came down to it, she needed looking after too. He locked the door after entering, and carried her gently up the stairs, where he entered the bedroom and tossed back the quilt, before placing her on the bed, and getting himself undressed. He then proceeded to get her undressed - he removed her shoes first, placing them gently on the floor, as he knew how much she loved her Laboutins above all else. Then he unbuttoned her trousers, and was grateful for her slim frame as it allowed him to take them off with ease. He gently moved her arms above her head while he whipped off her shirt, and he removed her bra, before pulling a cotton nightdress over her to keep her covered.  He climbed in slowly beside her, and pulled the cover back over them both, before moving in to cuddle her and switching off the light. She felt cold, so he wrapped his arms around her gently, and they slept like that together for almost the whole night.

She woke at five past three in the morning, and looked around to realise that she was at home. As she woke up properly, she noticed that she couldn't remember how she got there, and she didn't understand why she was wearing her nightdress - she always slept naked with Jacob. She wondered briefly whether she'd gotten drunk, and perhaps argued with Jacob, and then came to bed, but she didn't have a headache, and that didn't explain why Jacob had his arm draped over her. She moved out of his hold to get a glass of water! completely confused. As she was drinking, she head footsteps behind her, and turned to see Jacob stood there in his boxers.

"Was I drunk?" She asked, as she knew that Jacob was waiting for her to figure out how she got home. He shook his head. "What happened?"

"You fell asleep in your office," he said, walking towards her. "You said you'd be back about 9, and when you hadn't returned by half 11, I drove to the ED and found you asleep. Carried you out to the car, then drove home, and carried you up to bed." He had reached her now, and he took her hands in his.