Chapter 23

Chapter 23 - Prom invitation.

Lucy's pov.

It was fifth period. About 10 more minutes till lunch and i was still gloomy that caleb never asked me to prom. I watched all the girls around me smiling and looking at different things in their hands, all what boys used to asked them to prom. I was probably the only girl who never got asked to prom. Rose got a date already and wants me to go dress shopping with her. But i don't know if i could.

Minutes later the bell rang and everyone was filing out of class and heading to the cafeteria to fill their empty stomachs. I walked silently next to rose while she blabbered about what colour dress would look good on her.

When we walked into the cafeteria all the lights were off. I almost began to panic thinking the current went but i stopped when i noticed a light flash onto our usual table and caleb was shining in the spotlight.

"Lucy sanders" Caleb said while looking straight into my eyes. I looked to my side and noticed rose was gone and the only person i could have seen was caleb.

"Yes" i managed to whisper out.

As soon as i said that all the lights flickered on and the room was bright as ever. I adjusted my eyes to the light and saw a huge banner on the wall. It was in shiny rainbow colours and it wrote 'will you go to prom with me?'

"So, will you go to prom with me? Caleb askes hopefully as he climbed on top of the table.

Almost eveyone from school was gathered in the cafeteria witnessing what is one of the sweetest thing i have ever seen. I didn't think caleb was going to ask me to prom, but i was proven wrong.

I then realised i was standing up their for a while and i began to speak again.

"Yes" i said with one of the biggest smile i have ever shown on my face. I ran up to him, jumped on the table and tried to hug the life out of him.

He bent down got something from rose and hid them behind his back.

"I love you" he said and pulled out a bouquet of tulips, my favorite flower and handed them to me.

I looked at him, with my eyes full of happy tears, took the flowers from him and kissed him passionately.

I broked the kiss and whispered back i love you in his ear.

Seconds later everyone around us began to clap and whistle, making me turn as red as a tomato. I hid my face in Caleb's jacket until we got down from the table and everyone went back to their normal everyday lunch time.

Rose walked up to me and said "eppppppp, i can't wait to go dress shopping with you, it's gonna be a blast".