1. The Beginning

"Nova Barnes, will you take this handsome young man to be your husband?"

"I fucking do! This is my dream! My wishes! They're coming true!"

"You may kiss the bride."

I pucker up my lips and wait for those luscious lips of my new husband to be on mine.

"Nova?"

"Mmm, yes my pooky bear?"

"Nova!"

I was no longer at my fantasy wedding, only looking my at the dirty green school lockers.

"What the hell are you doing?" Rick, my best and only friend asked me. "I was zoning out again, my bad. But what's up?! Ready for the first day of the last year of high school?"

He shrugged. "Nope. I have to hear you whine about how you can't find 'the one' every single day all over again," I fake gasped at him, putting a hand over my heart. "Ouch, Ricky bear. That hurt so bad,"

"I told you not to call me Ricky bear!" Rick pouted. I rolled my eyes at him, chuckling at his pout.

"Anyways, you know how I told you about my twin sister who went to an academy, right?" He asked me. I nodded, not really caring about it.

"Well, she got kicked out of the academy for some prank and now she's transferring here!" He cheered. I only looked at him with a bored expression. "Well? Where is she?" He looked at my bored expression and groaned. "Well why should I tell you, you don't even care," I kept quiet after that. He was going to tell me anyways.

"She's coming tomorrow. I missed her so much, you have no idea how long it's been since I've spent time with her and you get to meet her too! Isn't that exciting?" He said with a cheerful smile. I should support him with this. I mean, he's told me a lot about his sister. How she's a soccer player and has a passion for it and it's the reason why she went to the academy. He showed me a few pictures but he's telling me she looks way different.

I wonder what she looks like but then again, I don't care. What's that girl going to do for me anyway?

"Yeah, uh whatever. So what's your first period?" I asked him, snatching his schedule from his hand. "First period Gym? How awful. Rest in paradise."

He snatched the schedule back from him. "Nova, I love you and all but fuck you," He spat then viciously smiled before walking to the Gymnasium.

I sighed with a smile before skipping my way to class.

When I entered first period Calculus, people were already filling in their seats. I was just about to take my seat when my eyes deceived me.

There was a girl sitting in the back. Her hair was unusual. Nothing that I've ever seen before. She had light brown hair, almost blonde but almost brown. Both of the sides of her hair were shaved and in the middle, she had a whole bunch of hair. The length reach her mid back. She had the cut eyebrows. It was a trend around where we lived and some people couldn't rock it but she did, shockingly.

I've never seen her around before. I shrugged and went to my seat.

"Good Morning, class! Welcome to Calculus..." The old man said and continued on. I started drifting on and just thought about when I was going to get the hell out of here!

I wanted my dream guy to walk through this door as we both lock eyes with each other and fall in love immediately! Then we get married and have beautiful children and grow old together.

All my life, I knew that when you meet someone who's going to be the love of your life, you feel things. You look at them a certain way, that you would never look at anyone else like. Your heart beats so hard, you could almost feel like it's going to burst out of your chest. When you're near them, you feel so many butterflies in your tummy, you just want to just explode in happiness because you're with them.