7. The Trip

"Listen, you know how we agreed that this dating thing was just fake?" Heidi told me. Her eyes were looking down at the ground, as if she was avoiding contact with me. Her brown locks went over her head so that her hair was covering her whole face.

"Right." I agreed.

That's when she pushed the strands of hair out of her face and looked me in the eyes. I furrowed my eyebrow at her. Why did she look so afraid?

"What's wrong?" I softly asked, stepping closer but she only took a step back further from me. "I don't know what's wrong with me, but I feel more attracted to you then ever." I stopped dead in my tracks and there I stood, frozen.

What did she say?

"There's something you need to know about Middle School. The whole separation between us isn't exactly the truth." I didn't give her some type of response to tell her to tell me. I only looked at her, stunned at what she confessed earlier.

'I don't know what's wrong with me, but I feel more attracted to you then ever.'

I opened my mouth to speak but she interrupted and spoke away. "When I told you that I found out I was a lesbian because I didn't feel anything for a guy. It's not the whole story. I had a crush on someone. Someone very close to me. I didn't know how to feel about it and I was struggling..." She paused for a second for a breather. I could tell that she was struggling to get this out. Like it was a really hard subject for her.

"...This girl. Wow, she was beautiful. She still is. Every time I look at her, I always want to stop moping around and smile. She has the power to do that, to make me have confidence in myself. We were so close and the one thing she wanted was to find love. That's when my confidence boosted up higher and I was ready to come out to her. So I did. I even remember the words, "I dig girls." is what I said. She chuckled and I smiled. The girl and I were so alike. We both wanted love.

Wait a minute...

And that's when my idiot self realized something.

'The one thing she wanted was love.'

'We were so close.'

'I dig girls.'

I gasped and I could almost feel my eyes about to pop out of my sockets. Before I could blabber, once again she continues. "She didn't take it well. She looked horrified. She asked me what the word Lesbian was but I thought she knew and was only trying to hide the fact that she didn't like it so I walked away. She didn't really leave me, but it felt like she did. I made new friends from the cheer leading squad and she knew how much I loved it, so I joined them. Hoping they would mend my broken heart. But it didn't work. No matter what I did, my heart was breaking and I couldn't do anything about it. So what I did was leave her. I stopped hanging out with her and the more she called, the more sad I got. I had to smile without her. She couldn't even help me anymore. So we parted ways and I finally started smiling again." Heidi sighed as she looked down at the fire.

"Then she comes back and now I feel like I'm going to fall again." I mentally shook no in my head. "It's me, isn't it?" I asked, quite shaken by what was going on.

She rolled her eyes at me. "It doesn't matter."

I started walking towards her as she kept on blabbering. "It was a long time ago and I just wanted you-" When I was close enough, I grabbed her face and closed the space between us.

I was kissing her. Holy shit, I was kissing Heidi Franco!

I've kissed a guy before but this by far is one of the best kisses I've ever experienced. With the same gender as well!