2. The 'Prank'

I could feel her stare. 

Her glossy hazel eyes stinging my skin. I want to turn and look at her. Tell her to stop staring at me like that.  But I couldn't.

In fact, I can't seem to even open my mouth.

It felt so awkward being near her. There she sat, next to me on the dark brown couch. It felt like we were in a room. No windows, no doors. Just white walls, the dark brown couch and the two of us sitting on the couch. I wanted to get up. I wanted to tell her to stop looking at me like that. Stop being so god damn creepy.

But why couldn't I part my lips and hear my voice?

"Hey." I look to my left to see her. Her hazel eyes were looking at me in worry. 

Damn those eyes.

When her hand landed on my shoulder, I don't know what happened. Sparks of electricity flowed through my body, making me shiver at the touch. 

"You looked like you were about to explode." She told me, concern was in her voice.

I didn't know what to tell her.

So I didn't say anything.

Goosebumps rose up on my skin. They only lasted a few seconds but it was longer this time. They wouldn't go away. It felt like a bug crawling on skin. Just kept crawling and crawling until you've had enough of it.

"Hey guys! I'm back!" shouted Rick as he walked down the stairs with a towel on his damped hair.  I sighed in relief as I stood up and smiled at Rick. I was glad he was here. But I could feel the hazel eyes on me.

"Rick, she's cool. She's a keeper too. I might steal her, just saying." Reese smirked. I wanted to look at her and question why on earth she even said that but I refused to.

I would be trapped.

"Hey Rick? I think I'm going to bail Monday movie night and just go home. I'm not feeling good today." I lied. Truth was, I didn't feel comfortable around Reese. Something about her just made me feel uneasy.

"What? You never bail on Movie night. It's your favorite." He frowned.  I sighed. I didn't want to upset Rick. But damn, I just couldn't be here right now and I had no idea why.

"I'm sorry, Ricky bear." I pouted. He groaned at the nickname which brought a small smile to my face. "But I promise we could sleepover tomorrow." A smile was brought to his face. "I guess but you better not ditch me tomorrow either. I have my sister to keep me company while you're gone, not feeling good." Ugh, he was making me feel guilty.

I grabbed my bag from the floor.

"Bye." Rick pulled me into a hug. "Feel better, sweetie. Make sure you don't catch a cold." He pulled away and there was Reese who was smirking at me. 

"Can I get a hug?" She asked me. I wanted to say no but I couldn't for two reasons.

Rick would get mad at me for not being nice to his sister. Apparently, they're really close. Like super close to the point where they would have sleepovers and have movie night just like him and I.

The other reason...

Her eyes.

They were pleading me to give her one. It was as if she needed it.

It was like I could read them.

So that's what I did. I hugged her. Her arms wrapped around my neck pulling me deeper to the hug to the point where our bodies touched.