10. The Happiness (The argument: Third person Pov)

Hello mates!

For not updating Friday, I've decided to show you the conversation Reese and Heidi had in Chapter 10. This is going to be in third person POV. I might do this again. But it'll be after the last chapter but instead it'll either be in Reese or Heidi's POV.

So yeah, enjoy <3 and see you all on Friday.

-----------

The two girls that stood in front of each other had something in common.

This park gave memories. Happy and ecstatic memories.

Reese and her brother had the best times here. Always playing tag and hide and seek. Going on the swings and jumping around like the 10 year olds they were. When they both cried because of something sad, this was their place to go to.

To comfort and let it all out.

Heidi basically grew up in this park. Her Father taking her here even before she could walk. This was her special place. She met her best friend here, she had her first kiss here.

That painful memory of coming out to her best friend was here.

Everything was here.

The two girls staring at each other had differences as well.

One got everything back and all she had to do was to make someone hers and her life was complete.

The other one never got what she wanted. And she has to deal with that every day.

But is it true? Is this what they received?

They're just two girls who have a whole lot ahead of them.

"I need to talk to you." Heidi stated. Reese nodded. Why would she want to talk? Reese thought.

"I know you just met Nova and it looks like you're going to be good friends. But I need you to take a step back." Reese furrowed her eyebrow and took a step back.

Heidi rolled her eyes. "Not literally, you idiot." Reese, who had a dumbfounded look on her face stepped forward.

"What do you mean a step back?" Reese asked. "I mean, I think you should stop talking to Nova for a while."

Reese scoffed and glanced left and right. "Excuse me? Since when were you Nova's mom?"

"I'm not. I'm her girlfriend and I don't trust you with her." Heidi explained.

"You can't do that. You can't even control the-" Reese paused as she looked down and sighed.

"Why are you doing this?" She asked. Heidi smirked.

"No reason. Just-" Reese took a step closer to the point where their noses were touching. Reese's eyes were staring straight into hers. "Let me ask again." Reese snapped. "Why are you doing this?" She gritted through her teeth this time.

"You like her. I've been watching you, Reese Ellington. I've been watching you this whole time. The small glances and the whole hearted smiles. You're starting to fall."

"That's not true." She sniffed. I was definitely catching a cold.

"Oh let me tell you about Nova Barnes, Reese. She will break your heart. But she won't break mine. I know that for sure. So do us all a favor and go back to where you came from."

Reese's face had a mixture of sadness and anger. Her first we're curled up into balls. "Whatever, Heidi. Just whatever."

She turned to her left and started stomping off, ignoring everything and everyone around her. When she almost reached past the Buttonwood sign, she felt her arm being gripped and her whole body turned around.

It was the last person she wanted to see at the moment.

Nova's eyes were filled with worry and concern. It was silent for a few seconds before she spoke.

"Are you okay?" Reese debated on what she was going to say. She wanted to push Nova off and tell her to leave her alone. But she couldn't.

She had no idea why either.

"I'm just-" she paused and looked around. This wasn't her place anymore.

This park couldn't make her feel better. Not even Rick.

At this very moment, she was angry. Angry with Heidi and also herself.

She ripped her arm away from Nova's grip. "I just want to go home."

And with that, she ran home and buried herself in anger.