17. The Ball

Before you read this chapter, I'd like to note some things.

Last chapter I said I wouldn't tell you which person I think Nova's voice resembles to. Yeah, well turns out I've already said it. Go check out Sarah Close. C:

Another thing is that some of the chapters in this book are going to have pictures. (The new update) It won't be every chapter but some. For ex: The dresses for this chapter.

One last thing is that I realized I sort of mixed up Adam and Annie's jobs (Nova's Parents) Adam is the Lawyer while Annie is a Heart Surgeon. Sorry for the confusion.

Okay that's pretty much it. Good luck on this chapter. ;)

------------

It wasn't a good idea to go out into a thunderstorm the whole night.

Especially when you've got 40 missed calls from your Mother.

It was sunset and I was walking, soaked from the rain. My hair was damp and crazy looking, my dress was dirty and don't even get me started on my flats.

They were ripped apart.

I lost my small purse but only my phone and some tissues were in there and I managed to take my phone out before it disappeared.

I took my key to unlock the gigantic gate. I walked passed the fountain and the garden and finally met with my front door.

I opened the door and there sat my Mother with a blanket around her, practically in tears and Venus trying to comfort her but failing. My Dad was sitting on the phone, pacing around.

Once his blue eyes that resembled mine looked back at me, they widened.

"Never mind, we found her." Dad muttered before removing his phone from his ear.

It was silent. But my Dad didn't look very happy.

I tried to rush upstairs but before I could, a phone smashed against the wall which startled all of us except Dad.

"Have you seriously lost your mind?" Dad boomed. My heart was beating furiously.

"We were all worried sick over you! Worried sick! Nova Elizabeth Barnes, you have a lot of damn explaining to do!

I stood there shock from my fathers actions. Dad was a pretty chill guy and always knew how to solve problems.

Well of course he knew, he's a lawyer.

But Dad never lost his temper. Ever. I hate how I was the one to cause it.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to, I was just really upset because we couldn't spend Christmas with the Ellingtons. I just went for a walk. Again. For a whole night..." I knew I should stop talking.

Dad was about to go nuts but Mom sat up and touched his shoulder. He calmed down immediately.

That was cute.

She had that kind of affect on him.

Not now, Nova!

"Nova honey, I know some people need to take a breather. But for a whole night during a thunderstorm? The idea of you getting hurt out there on the streets scare the living hell out of me. I could see in your eyes that you're extremely sorry. Its the same look your father gives me when he's sorry," I looked at Dad who's cheeks heated up.

God, my parents have a better love life than me.

I couldn't contain my small smile.

"I'm going to let you off the hook," She announced. Dad opened his mouth but Mom glared at him which made him shut his mouth. "But if this happens again, we won't be so easy on you. Now take a shower and meet me downstairs." I nodded excitedly before rushing upstairs.