3. The Guilt

When I walked through the school doors of West Grove High School, a cute little smile was plastered on my face. But behind the smile, was just a sad girl who wanted to fall in love already.

I had my reverse french braid, joggers, and a Fall Out Boy t-shirt.

It was the second day and I was already tired of this place. But today might be good. Once Ricky finds out who Reese Ellington really is, she'll live with the guilt for the rest of her life.

You ask, why am I doing this, huh? She's been nothing but nice, right?

WRONG!

Rick deserves better than this. I thought she was different as well. But this is awful. You don't just prank a teacher and then put her in jail.

I was walking towards the lockers until I saw Ricky near my own locker. I smiled mischievously as I started walking towards him.

My mischievous smile vanished as soon as I saw him with Reese Ellington. They were both laughing as he was putting books in the locker next to mine.

What the hell?

I was about to make a run for it until Rick saw me. "Hey, Nova! Come here!" I sighed as I walked over to the Ellington siblings.

"Hey, what's going on here?" I asked with an uneasy tone in my voice. Reese grinned at me while Rick answered. "Well, I'm helping Reese decorate her locker."

That's her locker?! Next to mine?

Oh, you've got to be kidding me!

"Um, wow. That's uh, that's great! Yeah. Pretty cool." I frowned right after those words came out of my mouth. "So, Nova, how are you feeling? Better?" Asked Reese, as she continued to keep that stupid grin on her face.

"Yeah, I'm feeling so much better." I went along with it.

"Girls, I've got somewhere to be at the moment. Nova, you mind helping Reese with her locker?" He asked me. I wanted to rip my hair out at the moment but I couldn't say no. Rick would be upset.

"Sure, why not?" I faked a smile as his real genuine one made me feel guilty.

Rick gave his sister a short hug. "Have fun. I'll see you at lunch, sis." He kissed the top of her forehead before giving me once last smile and walking towards the tutor room.

She handed me some books to organize while she was putting up pictures. "So, why'd you really go home yesterday?" She asked me. My eyes left the books and went to her. She looked back at me and smirked. I felt a pang in my heart. I gulped and grinned slightly.

"I wanted you and your brother to have some quality time together. I-I just don't want to get between you too. I mean, you've known him longer. Hell, he's your brother! You've known him since birth while I met him when I was only 14." I rambled. She furrowed her eyebrow at me.

"Nova, I came back because I made a mistake. I miss my brother. A lot. He means the world to me." She spoke. I groaned mentally. Oh please! It wasn't a mistake! It was just to get a laugh out of it, huh? Well, guess what? I'm going to-

"But that doesn't mean you don't get to hang out with him. Hell, he deserves it. His sister just came back out of no where and I may have told him how I got kicked out but really, he doesn't know the whole truth. I'm glad he had someone while I was gone. Thank you, Nova. You're an awesome girl. Hopefully we could become great friends too!" She continued as she grabbed the books from my hand and put them neatly in the locker.

I was speechless.

What was I supposed to do now? I couldn't tell Ricky! I never realized but if I tell him this, I wouldn't only be hurting his sister but I'd be hurting him myself, then I'd be hurt because he's hurt.