6. The Date

She parked the car and sighed. She glanced at me and smiled. "We're here." The thing was, I was not ready for this.

We were on a date. In public.

I imagined having a date with the love of my life here. He's wearing a nice tuxedo while I wear a nice rosy red dress. Him picking me up from my house, getting my favorite flowers. As he is handing me the yellow dandelions, he's supposed to give me that wink. Then right after that, he intertwines his fingers with mine and then leads me into his car. We go and once were at our seat the waiter comes and asks for our order and while we wait, we have an amazing conversation. Once our dinner comes, which has to be spaghetti. He plays around and puts sauce on my face while I laugh uncontrollably. Then he says I have something on my face and I can't find it so he takes it off but while doing that, he's extremely close but he only smiles and calls me adorable as he touches my nose. Then we go home and then at my doorstops, we kiss and then he asks me to be his and of course I say yes!

But no, my first date has to be with someone I'm not interested in and is not my dream man, but only the girl who used to be my best friend but also despises me. My life officially sucks.

I grabbed the door handle but I felt a cold hand press onto my wrist and grab it, gently turning me around. "Wait before we go in there, you've got to act like we're a couple." She stated. I furrowed my eyebrow. "Why? Nobody from our school isn't going to be here."

"We don't know that." She simply said as she laced her fingers with mine. I took a deep breath as she opened the door and now we were in. I waited patiently as Heidi was asking about our reservation. The lady led us to our table and told us a waiter would be coming our way.

When we sat down, it was quiet and awkward. Heidi was on her phone texting whoever while I looked out the window.

I don't know if I want to be here. I want to call it quits and go back to finding the love of my life, but now that everyone thinks that Heidi's my girlfriend, who knows if I'll ever find that person.

Finally, after 5 minutes of complete and utter silence, the waiter arrived. "Hello, I'm Trish, your waiter for tonight. What types of drinks would you like?" Trish introduced as she put down two menu's on the table. "Sprite would be fine." I told her. Heidi looked up from her phone and smiled at the waiter. "Coke please." She answered. "Your drinks will be here shortly. While I'm gone, go ahead and look through the menu and pick out what you would like for tonight." She nodded then walked away.

"The waiter is really cute." Heidi looked back and watched the waiter's ass. I smacked her shoulder. "Remember, you wanted to do this, okay? So stop checking others out-" I stopped when my eyes landed on someone that shouldn't be here.

Reese was here, with a girl. The girl had strawberry blonde hair and was wearing a rosy red dress. The dress I'm supposed to be wearing for my dream date!

"Oh my god. Hide me!" I grabbed the menu and hid my face but little did I know that Heidi didn't do the same and of course, Reese reconigzed her.

"Hey, aren't you Nova's girlfriend?" Reese asked. I sighed and closed my eyes. "Yeah, Nova say hi!" Heidi stated as she kissed my cheek and tried to grab the menu. I refused to let the menu go and we were sitting there, acting like idiots while we tried to grab the menu away from each other. Sadly, Heidi one and when the menu was down on the table, I looked up and faked a smile.

"Reese..." I acted as if nothing happened. "What are you doing here?"

"Oh well, I'm on a date. Heidi, Nova, this is Dreda. She's my date for tonight. Dreda, this is Heidi and Nova. They're a couple that go to my school." Reese introduced us. "Nice to meet you, Dreda." Heidi waved as I waved as well.