24. The Mistake

My body slammed against the bed and my eyelids closed shut. My head was pounding and my body felt like it was hard ice. I called Heidi 48 times and I got nothing. 

Only calls from the one and only Reese Ellington.

I should talk to Reese but I wouldn't have anything to say to her.  What was I supposed to say anyways? I listened to her voice mails and it only consisted of her saying 'please pick up' or 'I'm sorry. Can we talk about this?' But I didn't want to talk about it though. I just wanted Heidi to pick up so I could apologize to her and hope that she takes me back because that's all I needed right now; just to take me back.

I could hear my door open and I groaned while trying to find the strength to lift myself up. 

"Venus, I told you I didn't want-" I paused when seeing Reese who was leaning against my door frame. Goosebumps met my skin which caused me to wrap my arms around my body. "What are you doing here?" 

She removed herself away from the door and took small steps towards my bed. Her eyes trailed towards my phone which laid on top of the palm of my hand. Nodding, she replied, "You weren't picking up your phone so I came to see if you were okay but I could see now that you're perfectly fine."

"I'm trying to reach Heidi and she's more important," I answered then immediately regretted. Her face sunk and her eyes met my carpet. "I didn't mean it like-"

"Listen, I'm sorry about the kiss okay?! It's been bothering me ever since it happened and I've been experiencing some new type of crap. It's all just really messing with my head and I didn't think anyone would find out. I decided to keep it to myself and just let you think that I was Heidi-"

I interrupted her, "What pisses me off is that after you ran, Heidi came back and I was flipping shit about who I kissed and for two months I was searching for this person but you knew who you kissed and you didn't even tell me!" 

"I'm sorry for that. I am so sorry but we haven't talked for so long and to just bring this all in would just be chaos. I didn't want to put all that drama on you. Please accept my apology. Before I could let this all pass, I need you to forgive me," Reese pleaded. 

I debated on forgiving her because of her not telling me who she was and I was so close to telling her to get out of my room and never talk to me again until I realized something.

She deserved an apology. 

I put her into this mess. I was the one who didn't look at the dress and I kissed her first. 

"It's okay but I should apologize as well. I was the idiot who didn't look at your dress and was too blinded by love to notice that I wasn't kissing my girlfriend. So I'm sorry and that kiss was a big mistake," I replied and I expected a smile but earned a frown instead. 

"You thought the kiss was a mistake?" She asked me as she fiddled with her fingers. Her hazel eyes held sadness and that almost made me fall off the bed. I got up from my bed and tapped her shoulder with a smile.

"I mean, yeah. I was meant to kiss Heidi," I told her which made her step away from me. I quirk my eyebrow at her and she shook her head as if she was wrong. 

"No don't put Heidi into this," She stated which resulted in me being completely lost. "Don't think about Heidi just think about the kiss. Do you think that was a mistake?" Her voice sounded shaky and now I felt myself shivering. 

Did I like the kiss?

No, it was a mistake. But I loved it.

After 30 seconds of silence, she sighed and ran a hand through her hair once more. I nodded and that's when she turned around and headed for my door.