12. The Runaway

These past couple of weeks were odd. Heidi and I are closer and I think I might like her. Reese was MIA and Rick was focused on his music club.

While I was still the same boring Nova.

"So, what are you going to be for Halloween?" Heidi asked as she was looking through for costumes. "I have no idea. Why are we even here? We're about to graduate high school; Don't you think we're too old to trick or treat?" She stopped what she was doing and turned around to face me. Scoffing, she slapped my arm. "Nobody's ever too old to trick or treat!" I groaned. "Fine, okay." I pouted while rubbing my arm.

When we left the costume store with our costumes, Heidi grabbed my arm and pulled me towards an alley way.

Oh my God, I was going to die!

I slammed my back to the wall and hissed in pain. "God, you don't know how bad I want to kiss you right now," She gritted through her teeth. That was so hot. I smirked.

"Then do it,"

She cupped my cheeks and pressed her lips onto mine. Slow and rough; just how I liked it. I grabbed her waist and pulled her closer to my body.

This was what we did time to time. We just kissed and soon it would either end or it would go further and to be honest, I don't think I'm ready for either but of those options.

She pulled away and concern filled her eyes. "You're distracted. Whats wrong?" I sighed and tried looking somewhere else. "I don't know. Take me home?" I gave her a small smile.

<><><><><

"Give me a kiss?" Heidi asked. I poked my head inside the car and pecked her lips. "See you Monday," She nodded before driving off.

Once I couldn't see her, I was just about to go inside until I saw the police right in front of the Ellington Mansion. I could feel my heart beating faster than it should be and I made my way towards the mansion.

I only saw the police cars and no one was in it so they must be inside. I knocked on the door and after seconds, the door opened. "Oh it's Nova." Mrs. Ellington announced. She pulled me in and when I stepped into the living room, I was surprised than ever.

Rick, Mr. Ellington, and Evelyn were sitting on the couch and seconds after I saw them, Mrs. Ellington joined them. Evelyn was in tears while Rick and Mr. Ellington were on the verge of tears but Mrs. Ellington only had a frown.

What surprised me the most was that on the other side of the living room,  there sat my parents and Venus. I haven't seen them ever since summer and the fact that they're here and not smiling made me worry.

"Mom? Dad? What's going on?" I asked. I now knew I was going to panic any second now.

"Reese is missing,"

Who knew those three words could make me go insane. I felt like I was just shot in the stomach. My breathing wasn't going at it's pace; it was heavy and fast.

"Nova? It's going to be okay. The police are looking for her. They're looking for evidence in the house right now." Mom assured but it wasn't enough.

I couldn't help but run. I rushed out of the house and ran down the street.

The police couldn't do shit right now. I wanted to find her.

But the problem is, where the hell would Reese Ellington go to if she were to run away?

<><><><><

Its been four hours and it was dark now.

I grabbed my phone and checked my missed calls.