22. The 20$ Bet

"How is she?"

"She's good. She has a cast and is feeling a bit lightheaded but I think Reese is going to be okay," Rick answered through the other line.

I sighed in relief and toppled onto my bed. "What about soccer?"

"She won't be able to play for a few games," He stated. "She's really upset about that. But she'll play when the scouts are there."

I was just about to ask more about the scouts until I heard my door open and my sister was standing, waiting for me to get off the phone.

"I have to go Rick. We'll talk later." After hanging up, I sit up on my bed and faced Venus.

"So I was at school today and people were talking about you and Heidi being a couple and all," Venus remarked while playing with her hair. "It has been five months since you've two have been together, correct?" I nodded as I was getting impatient with her. Could she just get to the point of this conversation?!

"Then I was thinking everyone knows that you're like...a lesbian except Mom and Dad and I was wondering when you're going to come out to them," She explained.

My eyes widened at her comment. I hadn't even thought about coming out. I mean, I pretty much kissed a girl at the ball in front of everyone. I thought my parents saw or something.

Apparently not.

"I want to but I don't know how they would react. I mean, the topic about LGBTQ+ never comes up so what's the point?" She looked taken back which confused me.

"Wouldn't you want to savour the moment of coming out to your parents? That's like...really important!" Venus exclaimed. What got up her ass?

"What if that moment isn't worth savouring? What if they don't accept me? What if they-"

"Stop with the 'What ifs'! Get out of that little bubble and take some damn risks. They may be good."

I breathed heavily and hopped off my bed. "Okay, I'm going to do it now." Venus cheered as we both exited my room.

"I'll be doing homework in the kitchen," She stated and then gave me a short hug. "Good luck."

I walked downstairs and when I saw my parents cuddled together in our spacious living room, I felt my throat close up.

This was actually happening.

"Mom? Dad?" I called out and they both turned around.

"Hey baby, are you alright?" Mom asked with a friendly smile on her face.

Nodding, I sat down on the couch in front of them. "I'm okay. I-I just need to t-tell you something."

Dad turned the television off and now their full attention was on me.

"Go ahead," Dad insisted.

I opened my mouth but no words came out. In fact, my mouth was just wide open and my body started to shake uncontrollably.

I didn't think it'd be this hard!

"Adam, she's shaking," I heard Mom whisper into Dad's ear.

He nodded then his blue eyes that resembled to mine locked with my eyes and all of a sudden I felt calm.

I could finally breathe.

"Nov, it's alright. You could tell and talk to us about-"

"I like girls."

<><><><><

Uncomfortable silence was one of the things I despised.

I want it to stop ruining my life!

Sitting here with my arms wrapped around my body and four eyes staring into my soul isn't exactly comforting.

It feels like there's bugs crawling all over my body.

I was just about to say February fools until laughter echoed through the living room.

There my parents sat, laughing their asses off for whatever reason while I watched them, completely confused with what was happening.

Dad pulled out a 20 and handed it to Mom who smirked in satisfaction.

"I'm sorry, what just happened?" I asked.

"Well, I mean, it wasn't hard to figure out," Dad answered me and I gasped while putting a hand over my chest.

"What the hell do you mean by 'not hard to figure out'?" I practically yelled in shock. "I told you guys how much I wanted to find my dream guy! You know, The one!"

"Well your Mom told me that you may be into girls because of the way you were looking at Reese one day. Oh and how you and Heidi dressed up in on of those couples costumes on Halloween. At first, I didn't believe it and I thought maybe you just thought Reese was cool until your sister showed me a video of you beating up that blonde girl and she had told me that it was Reese's girlfriend. Now that was suspicious," Dad explained which all made sense now.

"So you guys decided to make up a bet and wait to see if it was true?" I asked, almost sounding offended.

"Yup and I won!" Mom cheered as she almost jumped from the couch.

"Wait, so you guys figured out that I was gay because of things that have to do with Reese? If you haven't noticed, which you probably have, I'm dating Heidi. Not Reese. How did you guys even know Reese is gay?"

"Everyone knows she's gay, Nova."

"This is all too weird."

Mom grabbed my hands. "Listen, I want you to know that we're 100% okay with you being gay. Your father and I knew a lot of people who weren't straight back then and we've always accepted that."

"I know that now. It's just that I was hoping you would know because of the way Heidi and I act not how I act with Reese," I told them and Dad suddenly snapped his head up.

"Follow your heart," Is what he said after that.

"What? I am."

"I'm just saying. Please follow your heart because when I didn't, I struggled and your beautiful Mother right here helped me. When I followed my heart, I got my life back and my bonus was your mother," He told me which shut me right up. "So follow your heart. I promise you, it will lead you to the right path."

I had no idea what my parents were trying to do but one thing I had to do was listen to them.

They were always right.

Suddenly, my sister rushed out of the kitchen. "Did you do it?!" She chimed. I nodded and she ran up to me and wrapped me up into a tight hug.

Then my parents stood up and joined our little hug and then it became a group hug.

Everything was going great now.

All I had to do left was follow my heart.

------------

Hello mates!

Another family chapter.

The next chapter is going to be so damn interesting! Ooh, just you wait!

QUESTION OF THE CHAPTER: What do you think Adam (Nova's Daddy) meant when he said follow your heart?

Okay, bye bitc- I mean mates! XD