30. The Moon

"When is this game going to start?" 

"Right? Like it's taking fo-Oh, there's Reese!" Rick took out his phone and recorded Reese who was getting in position for the game. The girls soccer team has made it to the state championship. Before Reese came, the team sucked but Reese was such a good captain that she made them all into better players. 

Alex, who was sitting on Rick's lap turned to me and smirked. "So, are you and Reese a thing now?" I shook my head and her smirk remained as she nodded and turned to look back at the field. 

What were we anyways? Reese and I never really acknowledged it after that amazing night where we confessed to each other. We slept and in the morning we ended up cooking breakfast together and enjoying each other's company. I wonder if she was thinking what I was thinking.

I was pulled away from my thoughts when the crowd started cheering. The game was starting and my eyes immediately searched for Reese. Once I found her, I couldn't help but wonder what she was doing. She had kissed two fingers and put them up in the air. 

"Rick, why does she do that?" I asked as I pointed at what she was doing. He smiled and turned to me. 

"You know how she likes to watch the stars?"

Nodding, my eyebrow raised in confusion. 

"Well during the day, she watches the sun which is also a star." He explained. The game started and in just a few minutes, she already had the ball and was running with it to the goal. She was good as the striker. Not even good, she was awesome with her position. 

When she made the goal, people were off their seats, cheering and screaming in excitement. Reese ran through the field, high fiving her teammates. Our eyes met after that and the tip of her fingers met her lips, blowing a kiss at me. I chuckled and continued clapping for her. 

The game continued with Reese basically stealing or being passed the ball and making a goal. It was 3-0 at first until the second half of the game when someone had pushed Reese's teammate and ended up making the goal. 

There was only a minute left in the game and the score was 4-4 with us being tied. The clock was ticking and one of her teammates passed Reese the ball. Reese started running with the ball, dodging and passing her opponents who tried pushing her off. Unfortunately, a lot of her opponents were on her tail and some of her teammates were open but she didn't pass the ball.

"What the hell is she doing?!" 

I watched as her mates weren't even be trying to let her know that she was open, they just watched it as if was planned. 

"Dammit Reese, pass the ball!" Alex screamed which resulted in Heidi smacking her arm for screaming in her ear. 

Reese was almost to the goal but not as close. She shoved her opponents away and as they came back, she kicked the ball.

It felt like we were all in slow motion. 

I glanced at Rick and Alex who were standing up, gripping onto each other as they watched the game and Heidi who was biting her lip while focused on the game. Then I glanced back at Reese and her leg was still lifted up as she watched the ball. The goalie looked terrified of the ball and put out their hands to catch the soccer ball. 

I looked at the time. Three seconds were counting down. 

Three...

Two...

The goalie missed the ball as it went right passed him and hit the net. 

One. 

Suddenly, everyone started cheering and my little slow mo show was over. Alex and Rick were screaming at the top of their lungs and jumping like maniacs ended up on each other. Alex had wrapped her legs around Rick's waist.